Thread: Boyd Duckett

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    They only encounter I have ever had was meeting him at a BPT event this year. He initiated the conversation and seemed like a decent guy.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    The guy qualified for the Elite Series through the Opens (so hard to do). Has qualified for 7 Bassmaster Classics. He hasn't been a consistent check casher in the Elites last few years but that can go for lots of folks.
    I've never really met the guy. Meeting someone once or twice doesn't mean you know them anyway. I just struggle with the comments on fishing ability and accomplishments.
    My.02

3. Member
    I hope to one day be so awkward in my fishing ability on nationally televised show of a pro fishing tournament for people to bring it up on BBC. Oh and complain about my ability to make money too.

Funny thing about One Hit Wonders...... They did have that one hit, as opposed to those that make fund of it and haven't.

Just don't understand the energy put in to hating him so much. Its like he knocked up your sister and left of something???
    Semper Fi

4. Member
    A successful businessman and fisherman who talked respectfully and completely without arrogance to two complete strangers (my son and I) at the BPT in La Crosse; I sure can't say anything bad about the man.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    The BD and JM Fixation on the BBC is at a dangerously high level plus it's diverting attention from other deserving individuals like the Pyscho One, Mr Thrift and the usual BBC Idols.

Shoot an angler with a 24th place finish in an Open got way more coverage on the BBC than the former BBC Favorites but BD has became the constant recipient of free publicity on the BBC Network.

So when the MLF/BPT/FLW starts recruiting Future Pros to take the place of the retiring and under performing soon to become former Pros BD is going to look back and eliminate all those BBCers making negative comments about him from consideration.

You better get your checks mailed into B.A.S.S. for the Opens

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    84-88
    Some of the guys I ran around with from Highland would have kids at HHS in that time period!! Damn I'm getting old !!
    Mike Matthews

U.S.N. 1963-1969

7. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I've met BD several times when I fished the Ratltrap tourneys on Guntersville.....seems a good dude...talks to people and does not seem to look down on anyone....He's doing well in spite all the hate......

Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post
    A successful businessman and fisherman who talked respectfully and completely without arrogance to two complete strangers (my son and I) at the BPT in La Crosse; I sure can't say anything bad about the man.
    Pretty much same thing for me. The few times I’ve talked to him he was nothing but professional, respectful and very informative. I’d rather spend time talking to fishermen like Boyd, Shaw Klein etc than the young guns that can’t complete 1 sentence without saying “dude” !

9. Member
    Can we safely say JM has been dethroned by BD on here as the most despised man by all the jealous ones.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    Can we safely say JM has been dethroned by BD on here as the most despised man by all the jealous ones.
    they also just happened to be some of the best off in the fishing world. I dont mind the haters and I can almost guarantee neither do highly successful people like BD. I always thought you were doing something wrong in life if you didnt have haters. More haters usually means youre doing big things too.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    The BD and JM Fixation on the BBC is at a dangerously high level plus it's diverting attention from other deserving individuals like the Pyscho One, Mr Thrift and the usual BBC Idols.

Shoot an angler with a 24th place finish in an Open got way more coverage on the BBC than the former BBC Favorites but BD has became the constant recipient of free publicity on the BBC Network.

So when the MLF/BPT/FLW starts recruiting Future Pros to take the place of the retiring and under performing soon to become former Pros BD is going to look back and eliminate all those BBCers making negative comments about him from consideration.

You better get your checks mailed into B.A.S.S. for the Opens
    Next major announcement from BD will be the invite to Trait Zaldain to fish the BPT. Heads will spin!!

Can I get me one of those one hit wonders ?? I would be good with that

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Next major announcement from BD will be the invite to Trait Zaldain to fish the BPT. Heads will spin!!
    Which would cause more head explosions. Trait Z or Danica Patrick ?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Trait for sure.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Trait without a doubt. Combine her with BPT and people would lose it.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

16. Banned
    From insiders, Duckett intends to destroy BASS. Why would you destroy the very group that helped and still does great things for fishing? I can also tell you that many on the MLF regret leaving BASS.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos273v View Post
    From insiders, Duckett intends to destroy BASS. Why would you destroy the very group that helped and still does great things for fishing? I can also tell you that many on the MLF regret leaving BASS.
    From a brothers, cousins, sister down at the salvage yard I suppose.... There is zero logic behind this. JM would be in the know, and he puts a lot of sponsorship dollars into BASS. He could darn near cripple it on his own by pulling his money.
    Last edited by grandbassslayer; 10-14-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gambler View Post
    Some of the guys I ran around with from Highland would have kids at HHS in that time period!! Damn I'm getting old !!

I loved goi g to HHS...still love visiting family in Albuquerque as well. I enjoyed living there.

Because he wants to be the only guy putting out the cheese for you goobers.

20. Banned

I can believe it. He already said that he tried to buy B.A.S.S and they wouldn’t talk to him, he seems to be one that holds onto a grudge.

So he can’t qualify to fish B.A.S.S. anymore, so he starts a new tour, green grass the anglers of B.A.S.S. bash live wells and the 5 fish format, tried to keep anglers from attending the Bassmasters Classic, tries to get all anglers to only use WhitewaterMarine boats and then buys up the FLW to try to spread his mlf format. Yeah if you guys don’t see a narcissist then you have blinders on.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 10-15-2019 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Typi

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast