Thread: 36 volt i pilot

36 volt i pilot

bought boat that has 36 volt I pilot minn kota, must be wired wrong,, the green light on trolling motor stays on all the time,, is there a switch that needs to be added,, some thing is wrong because my charger does not work like it should, one bank just blinks red , have swapped charger wires and it does same thing on different bank,,battery is new

2. Member
    NO switch needs to be added. There may be a battery hooked wrong or the fuse on the battery charger lead is blown.
    Batteries need to be neg to pos with red wire( to Troll motor) on pos of 1st battery and neg wire on neg of 1st to pos of second battery, wire on neg of second battery to pos of third of 3rd battery. The neg to the troll motor needs to be on the neg of the 3rd battery. There should be a 60 amp breaker to protect the wires to the troll motor. Push and hold power button and see if troll motor green light goes out. If it does not you may have a bad board. Remove power by opening breaker. then turn the breaker back on. If the green light comes back on then it is the board. If it does not come back on press the power button and see if it will come back on. If it does then press the power button again and see if it will go off. If it don't then it is the board. You must hold the button down a couple of seconds to turn off. See below

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...71060476509950

3. Member
    Is there a trolling motor plug or is it wired directly to the batteries?

4. Member
    You can do it either way, but if you use a plug make sure it is rated for the correct amps. 60-70 amp
    Battery tender is a good plug.