Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marlon crowder View Post
    Thank you for your judgement, spoken as a true believer you know my heart and read my sole.
    Its not my judgement, its what we are told.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness,
    since
    what
    may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
    For since the creation of
    the
    world God's invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so
    that
    people are without excuse.
    For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
    Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools
    and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.
    Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.
    They exchanged
    thetruth
    about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised. Amen.

2. Member
    So Gods judgement delivered via grandbassslayer. No thanks, hay next time you talk to god send him my way we need to talk.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    We often talk about God but never really discuss what God means. In the traditional sense God is viewed in the human form as a man all knowing and seeing and the force of "good". I often wonder if God is a force and question whether God and the devil are representative of forces of creation and destruction, positive energy and negative energy, order and and chaos. These seem to be the fundamental forces at work in the universe and would seem to be representative of what would be at the beginning or end in the terms of entropy and and creation. We also see the universe in terms of a linear time as opposed to infinite alternate realities that could be infinite and never ending or never beginning. And then I wonder if chaos is evil or is order evil or are these forces in flux such that they can be one or the other at any time. Normally order is synonymous with creation and building and progress and chaos is synonymous with death, decay and destruction. But we have had tyrannical order with abuse and the chaos that overthrew it resulted in creating something better. So does God embody both forces of chaos and order? The Ying and the Yang? If so that would explain the loving God and the God that smites cities. Or maybe we are just incapable of seeing the long term plan and view something that is against us as evil and something that benefits us as good never really being able to perceive that in the very long term that things happened because it is part of a plan of the universe and our own lives and existence are a very small part of that story and that we are expendable in the grand scheme of things. I never see anything discussed about what God means or represents or alternatives to what we perceive the almighty to be. I know the biblical definition and maybe that is correct but I also wonder what other explanations there are in terms of the bible speaking figuratively. I think the whole concept of theology, philosophy, science, math and everything we do would also incorporate these questions and we shouldn't be offended one way or the other. At the end of the day we could all be wrong but I just hope we get the answers to the test when we die because it would be a great read. I'm not going to say those that believe in a fundamental interpretation of the bible are wrong nor am I going to say that any other thoughts on the matter are heresy. Our brains and knowledge are just not to the point of being able to understand and comprehend the universe and creation and so faith and skepticism are completely understandable and I am perfectly fine with both. Our minds are conditioned to thinking in a linear manner where there is a beginning and an end. That is based on our lives and what we see and understand. It does not mean that it has to be so, we just can't comprehend it otherwise.
    Greatly enjoyed your post...was having a conversation with my daughter (26) over dinner one night regarding good vs evil, God vs. Satan, and human behavior, etc. Told her that sometimes, in a weird way, I'm looking forward to death. To HOPEFULLY, FINALLY get an answer to what my faith represents. Maybe, more importantly, the answers to things such as "Why Earth?" for human existence? A recent trip to our Planetarium left me mesmerized once again. Your point on whether our brains and knowledge being so far from having the ability to comprehend stood out. Think the power responsible for our being has to just sit back and laugh, or cry, at what humanity has become.

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Its not my judgement, its what we are told.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness,
    since
    what
    may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
    For since the creation of
    the
    world God's invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so
    that
    people are without excuse.
    For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
    Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools
    and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.
    Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.
    They exchanged
    thetruth
    about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised. Amen.
    Oh, and which god is this by the way Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jewish? Thank god you picked right one! You did pick the correct one? Let's pray for all the poor souls that were so unfortunate to have been born in a region of the plant where the one true word of god was not given. How arrogant can you be?

5. Banned
    Oh, and which god is this by the way Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jewish? Thank god you picked right one! You did pick the correct one? Let's pray for all the poor souls that were so unfortunate to have been born in a region of the plant where the one true word of god was not given. How arrogant can you be?
    Well there is only one, no arrogance here sir, I see this is upsetting to you so I will bow out have a nice evening.

6. Banned
    The funny thing about facts as related by humans is that they are considered to be indisputable....until we find them wrong due to our severely limited intellectual capabilities. Facts are constrained by our minds because we aren't capable of the thought necessary to comprehend. It's a feeble attempt to comprehend the incomprehensible.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Well there is only one, no arrogance here sir, I see this is upsetting to you so I will bow out have a nice evening.
    See you are so arrogant you can't even see the truth in your own statement. For, I have made the correct choice for all eternity only one god and I have chosen him as mine. Why have you been given some divine grace that allows you to believe and has clearly not been give to me? The height of arrogance.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    The funny thing about facts as related by humans is that they are considered to be indisputable....until we find them wrong due to our severely limited intellectual capabilities. Facts are constrained by our minds because we aren't capable of the thought necessary to comprehend. It's a feeble attempt to comprehend the incomprehensible.
    Correct humans create "meaning" in the world it is a feeble attempt to give the world/universe "meaning" it does not exist outside the human imagination.

9. Member
    The vast majority of people refuse to believe. It wouldn’t matter even if someone rose from the dead to tell them. Would you believe if someone rose from the dead to tell you?

10. Member
    God the universe creation its ineffable words and thoughts fail every time.

11. Member

12. Member
    I don't know the which religion has I right or wrong. I can only live from my experience, ain't no god come knockin on my door any one of the thousands known to mankind throughout history. Trust when I say the door is open. I am waiting.

13. Member
    I don't know the which religion has I right or wrong. I can only live from my experience, ain't no god come knockin on my door any one of the thousands known to mankind throughout history. Trust when I say the door is open. I am waiting.
    Like some of the others here I have no fear of your way of thinking if you are correct in the end. If we are correct we will live forever in the house of our Lord, you not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by champ93 View Post
    James Tour video. A scientist at Rice University.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm4DWnD72TE
    Thank you for that.

15. Banned
    Correct humans create "meaning" in the world it is a feeble attempt to give the world/universe "meaning" it does not exist outside the human imagination.
    Facts cannot be indisputable in that case, so there is no such thing as universal truths. Hence, faith is needed.

Facts cannot be indisputable in that case, so there is no such thing as universal truths. Hence, faith is needed.
    And thus materialists have no ground to stand on because molecules have no conscience... It's a free for all no?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Like some of the others here I have no fear of your way of thinking if you are correct in the end. If we are correct we will live forever in the house of our Lord, you not so much.
    And I have no fear of your way of thinking. Another arrogant condemnation love they neighbor

18. Member
    I do not think you understand my point.

And I have no fear of your way of thinking. Another arrogant condemnation love they neighbor
    It occurs to me that if you have no fear of his way of thinking, you've spent an extraordinary amount of time and effort posting about something that, in your mind, doesn't exist.

This makes no sense to me. Unless, you actually do have fears.

20. Banned
    I do not think you understand my point.
    I think you don't understand mine, either.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast