Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ballistic vs Caymas

Like the title says. I would like to see a heads up comparison of the models of the two brands using same brand and h.p. of engine.

Both are really nice looking boats and I think the shoot out would interest a lot of bass boaters.

What say ye BBC?

2. Banned
    I have not seen a Caymas in person yet but seeing pics the size of the front deck stands out to me. Ballistic looks like a aircraft carrier. For around 65k w/250 on the back not sure how anyone could buy a new boat without test driving one. I have been semi brand loyal but I'm pretty sure Ballistic will be my next boat.

Speed - Ballistic
    Looks - Ballistic
    Layout - Caymas
    Creature comforts - Caymas
    Dealer support - Caymas
    Innovation - Ballistic
    Fishability - push
    Price - push
    Overall - push (I am considering both)

​only problem I see with the Ballistic is the location of the factory. If a southern boy has problems it could be a pain getting the boat back and forth. If I were boat shopping the Ballistic would be at the top of the list.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

5. Member
    I’m interested in ballistic as well,who has a 223 within 4-5 hours of Okc,ok I could take a look at?

Falconpilot has one in south central arkansas

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

7. Banned
    Two different boat...Two different customers... Both look like quality products though... Dan

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottw View Post
    I’m interested in ballistic as well,who has a 223 within 4-5 hours of Okc,ok I could take a look at?
    S2 Marine 714 S. Main Quitman, Texas 75783
    (469) 576-8529
    Owner: Steve Massey

Give them a call when I talked to them they wanted to meet on lake fork for a test drive.

9. Member
    Yep both great boats but totally different. Almost like comparing Bullet vs Ranger.

10. Member
    Thanks,I will give Steve a call

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTN View Post
    Yep both great boats but totally different. Almost like comparing Bullet vs Ranger.

bullet/allison to a triton/stratos
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

12. Member
    I've had the privilege of driving a Ballistic 223 and spending some time looking it over. They are very impressive boats. Well laid out, aircraft carrier front deck, excellent handling, overall a very nice boat.
    I haven't been able to drive the Caymas yet but I have spend some in, on, and playing with everything in one. JMHO these boats are built for 2 different markets. Definitely not apples to apples.
    The Caymas(like the Ballistic) is very well laid out, great fit and finish, and grest looks.

I lean a little more toward the Ballistic due to its its overall size and speed capability.
    Both boats are awesome adds to our boat market.
    I wouldn't overlook either of them if your in the new bass boat market.
    Go Gators!

13. Member
    going after two different markets would bet there are more caymas sold next year than ballistic has built since they started.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    going after two different markets would bet there are more caymas sold next year than ballistic has built since they started.

Name recognition from Earl Bentz will get a fair amount sold.

15. Member
    A lot of BBC guys have been going ballistic before the boat was ever thought of.

From the comments I am guessing that Ballistic would land in the Allison/Bullet camp and Caymas in the Triton/Stratos camp?

If so the 4 boats I have owned and liked best were: Allison 2003XB, Bullet 20XD, Bullet 21XD, and Allison 2002 XB so I would probably choose Ballistic without knowing any more than has been quoted here.

Will be interesting to learn more about each brand as more information is available.

Ballistic
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

17. Member
    ScottW....I’m in central Arkansas...I’d be glad to get together with you anytime. 870-230-2350

As far as any warranty issues..Jim Wells is a great man to deal with and takes care of every custom. Dealers are getting in line and as they do so, any warranty issues will be easily addressed.
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

18. Member
    i saw a Caymas for the first time this past weekend in our ABA tourney. Absolutely stunning boat. So much so that I followed the owner into a gas station to get a better look at it. Probably the best looking boat as far as fit and finish that I have seen. It was a 21' and the owner said he could get around 72 (250 merc) out of it. It was the roughest day on the water I have ever had, with at least 4' rollers coming over the bow into the boat. guy says he ran 60 and the passenger had his arms folded.... Don't know if I'm buying that since I never got over 30 in my cougar. Never the less I was impressed. Back pad looks like a skeeter
    2016 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    250 Pro XS

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Name recognition from Earl Bentz will get a fair amount sold.
    Have to go with Earl Bentz man built some great boats.

i'd take either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast