Thread: Bilstein shocks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Get rid of the spacers and also consider the Bilstein 6112, height adjustable like the 5100 but bigger diameter. You can still do 5100 in the rear. Check out Boss 4x4s website (yes the one with the s), the have fully assembled 6112 set at the height you want for about $700. At least for the Tundra.

I did my 17 f 150 shortly after purchase. Also added a small block in rear (1" or so) to maintain some rake and sit level towing. Better looks and ride than stock. Also did some small wheel spacers at same time. Truck looks sharp. Be even better with tires. I liked them so much I did the f 350 the following month.

3. Member
    I swapped out my stock shock to Bilstein's last year. Easy job on a Nissan Titan. I didn't get an alignment and got some bad wear on my tires. The shocks changed my geometry enough to throw my alignment off. So my advice is to get your front end aligned after you get your new shocks.

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Maybe I missed it but what truck are you doing this on? The 2” spacer that raises the front of F150s doesn’t change steering geometry enough to make a huge difference. A lot of times the alignment is still within spec. If you want to get the 5100s I am not here to tell you not to, they’re great shocks! I think people have used a different Bilstein on the back since you aren’t using the shock to raise the truck.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Banned
    I put adjustable Bilsteins on my F150. seem to be great. Not leveled, but raised so that truck is level while towing boat.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by squib View Post
    I swapped out my stock shock to Bilstein's last year. Easy job on a Nissan Titan. I didn't get an alignment and got some bad wear on my tires. The shocks changed my geometry enough to throw my alignment off. So my advice is to get your front end aligned after you get your new shocks.
    Always realign after any changes to the front suspension.

7. Banned
    The alignment is part of the service and done in house so that is good. When he looked at my truck he said my front might be 1/2" lower. I'm fine with that number as it shouldn't be to noticeable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12