2018 G2 info needed on history

I am getting ready to buy a demo 2018 ranger 520c that comes with a 250hp evinrude that has 42.5 hours. If I provide a serial number is there anyone that can look up the history for me?

Thanks

The dealer can if you ask them.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    The dealer can hook up the computer and tell you everything about that motor right then and there.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Dealer or private sale? If dealer they can give you a printout....Private you will have to take to a dealer and pay for the printout.....

5. Member
    I will be asking for the engine computer printout, that is a good idea.

I am buying it from a dealer. As far I know, hooking up a computer to the engine will only tell me things like hours, rpm, speed,etc. I am also looking the warranty work done, repairs, etc.

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Call Evinrude Monday and give them the serial number they'll give you the info you need. 844-345-4277

7. Member
    Thank you for the information. I will call them.

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    The dealer can hook up the computer and tell you everything about that motor right then and there.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Call Evinrude Monday and give them the serial number they'll give you the info you need. 844-345-4277

Just so the OP knows they are talking about two different motor history reports...

When you hook the engine to a computer you see things like engine hours, how long it has run at particular prm's, engine temp history and if any errors/check engine codes were thrown. That's just a small amount of what you can see from an engine report but what I said should give you an idea of what an engine report includes. Pretty much if there is information stored in the computer you can access it.

The report you can get from calling BRP is when the engine was registered/sold, how much warranty is left, any active recalls or if anything was done to the motor at an authorized dealer. If the engine was worked on at a non certified dealer more than likely it will not be on the report because they are not in the BPR system.

If it is a dealer demo boat from that dealer they more than likely already have the engine report so they can show the customer as a selling point.

Ordinary service by an Evinrude dealer that is not warranty, is not shared with the factory. They only keep track of warranty repairs.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !