Falcon Boat Question

I am curious, do all of the models have Aluminum lids? Also, the Hybrid 20 looks to have fiberglass, is this correct? Do they have a Hybrid 21? And lastly, how do they ride in rough water? Like Toledo Bend, Sam Rayburn rough water

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosterfence View Post
    I am curious, do all of the models have Aluminum lids? Also, the Hybrid 20 looks to have fiberglass, is this correct? Do they have a Hybrid 21? And lastly, how do they ride in rough water? Like Toledo Bend, Sam Rayburn rough water

Yes, all models except for the Hybrid 20 have aluminum lids, only the hybrid 20 has fiberglass lids. They don't have a hybrid 21 yet I don't think.

Everyone I talked to before I ordered mine told me that they're the best riding boat that they've been in or owned and that they're phenomenal in rough water. My boat will be done here in the next couple of weeks so I'll let you know after I get it!

3. Member
    Be sure to post that pic in the sticky above, or it never really happened!

4. Member
    Will do!

5. Member
    Ckaihara who did you go through to order exactly what you wanted

6. Member
    Just texted you! I ordered mine through Wilsons Marine in Newberry, SC. They're right across the street from Falcon's plant. Call Charles and tell him I sent you!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ckaihara View Post
    Yes, all models except for the Hybrid 20 have aluminum lids, only the hybrid 20 has fiberglass lids. They don't have a hybrid 21 yet I don't think.

Everyone I talked to before I ordered mine told me that they're the best riding boat that they've been in or owned and that they're phenomenal in rough water. My boat will be done here in the next couple of weeks so I'll let you know after I get it!
    Why doesn't the Hybrid have Aluminum lids also? Is it a weight thing? Wonder if you can specify the Hybrid with AL lids? I have heard bad things with other manufactures in regards to fiberglass lids in that they tend to crack and break over time.

8. Member
    On the hybrid, there is a little outline of the fiberglass around the pads that cover the lids. It wouldn’t look good if they were aluminum verses fiberglass. Otherwise, the channels between the pads would be aluminum which is tacky. On the flip side, I really like the fiberglass lids and especially the smooth fiberglass liners in the rod boxes. However, I’m not crazy about the pads themselves. They might be good in the bottom and higher traffics areas. The camo ones look better in my opinion. The plain flat colors look too blah to me. Not an F21 Hybrid yet. I don’t think the F20 Hybrid has sold as many as expected as it’s a pricey upgrade. I’m on my 2nd F205 and it does great in big water. I’ve been on Table Rock and Lake of the Ozarks in rough water and they handle well and are pretty dry! Not a concern on rough water ride in my mind. Better than many others I’ve been in for sure!

9. Member
    Surprisingly good in rough water, you won't be disappointed.

Looking at a Ranger Intercoastal but 21'8" of hull is about a foot too much for the garage. The F20 Hybrid is just right but need to see one up close and ride in one. Not too far from Newberry now but need a day off in the middle of the week to get the plant tour.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

11. Member
    Definitely recommend the plant tour. The guys up there are really nice and helpful!

On a side note, picked my F205 up on Tuesday and I couldn't be happier!
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Member
    Now that's a pretty boat!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ckaihara View Post
    Definitely recommend the plant tour. The guys up there are really nice and helpful!

On a side note, picked my F205 up on Tuesday and I couldn't be happier!

13. Member
    Really nice rig there.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

14. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by foolinbass View Post
    Now that's a pretty boat!!!
    I second that, she's real purty and got a nice butt.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

15. Member
    As for the ride in rough water, it's awesome! Best boat I have ever been in, even better than my buds 21ft ranger in the rough stuff. Also, way faster...

16. Member
    Thanks guys! Took her out finally this sunday to break in the motor and the boat rides like an absolute dream. I got it with the fiberglass rod box liners and definitely recommend it, nothing to worry about if they get wet inside because they're padded with seafoam.

17. BBC SPONSOR
    If there is anyone close by in Florida, we do have a 205 Hybrid here at Aqua Tech Marine in Palm Bay, FL. You can also view a video of the boat at the link below. This one was ordered as a Dual Console, with a center seat instead of the center glove box for a customer. There is quite a bit you can modify based on your tastes to include which way the rod locker lids open. Give us a call if we can answer any questions, they are definitely a sweet ride!

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2lb8PwpFAI"]