Thread: Heisman Watch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catchatoad View Post
    Sorry but I already forgot him......
    I was watching Sportscenter this morning. They moved Burrows to the #1 spot in the Heisman watch, followed by Hurtts and Tua. Ex QB on there stated Burrows is a true Pro prospect. Only top QB with two top 10 opponent wins....several have not even faced a top ten team yet. Only missed 3 passes last night and ran for 50 yards. Hurt
    Was 16 for 28 and 235 yards, and threw several interceptions and Tua was 21 for 34 passing and an interception.
    Last edited by lakebouef5; 10-13-2019 at 10:47 AM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    I was watching Sportscenter this morning. They moved Burrows to the #1 spot in the Heisman watch, followed by Hurtts and Tua. Ex QB on there stated Burrows is a true Pro prospect. Only top QB with two top 10 opponent wins....several have not even faced a top ten team yet. Only missed 3 passes last night and ran for 50 yards. Hurt
    Was 16 for 28 and 235 yards, and threw several interceptions and Tua was 21 for 34 passing and an interception.
    Hurts threw several interceptions v.s. Texas?. I counted one. Please explain the several others. He ran for 150 yds for 17 attempts and fumbled once. Just in case you forgot that he can also run the ball too.
    Ranger 205dvs 225opti

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Tua should be ahead of Hurts because his throws are consistently much more accurate. Cee Dee Lamb makes Hurts look better due to his ability to catch anything thrown towards him and then make running back moves for yards after the catch. At this point it would be hard to say who deserves it more between Tua, Lamb, and Taylor with Borrows next then Jeudy or Lawrence bringing up the rear.
    The bad thing about is ceedee lamb won't even be invited...at this point you'll have hurts, Tua, burrows and Taylor...right now they've separated themselves from everyone else...it'll be a group of four...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    The bad thing about is ceedee lamb won't even be invited...at this point you'll have hurts, Tua, burrows and Taylor...right now they've separated themselves from everyone else...it'll be a group of four...
    I agree with that, i'm just saying he is deserving but the voters can't ever bring themselves to pick the most deserving, it's all political anymore and has been for awhile.

5. Member
    I watched the game and saw Jalen throw 1 interception and lost 1 fumble.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    I watched the game and saw Jalen throw 1 interception and lost 1 fumble.
    Hurt

Now you're back tracking. You have Richardsherman-itus or what?
    Ranger 205dvs 225opti

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keystonekiller View Post
    Hurt

I think you have him confused with someone else, 1Holeshot had the right stats.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    I think you have him confused with someone else, 1Holeshot had the right stats.
    Damn. After further review, I was confused.
    Ranger 205dvs 225opti

9. Member
    Doesn't matter. Burrow was 21/24 293 yds. 3 td 0 int. All against a #7 ranked team with a highly touted defense. Just saying.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    Doesn't matter. Burrow was 21/24 293 yds. 3 td 0 int. All against a #7 ranked team with a highly touted defense. Just saying.
    No doubt he deserves to be in the mix. I would guess this years winner will be decided by what the guys have done off the field as an asset to society as their are many deserving by their football stats which can be controlled by the coach's who get to play weaker schedules. I don't believe the Heisman voters have ever even considered strength of schedules relevant to picking a winner. A bad game or 3 doesn't carry much weight either or they would be waiting until the playoff's were over to decide. As it stands they want to pick a winner as soon as they can in case their guy stumbles at the end.

11. Member
    Why off the field activities matter? At least I don’t think they should.

12. Member
    I just think it helps if you are involved in your community positively when it's voting time. I look at it as it's kinda like the Walter Payton award for college guys so it helps in the voting. If the voting is real close i believe those little thing are the key.

It’s an award for the best student athlete not best pro prospect.

14. Member
    I thought it was for the best college football player.

15. Member
    Do you guys think Taylor has any chance of winning? I'm guessing he would need 200 and 4 TD type of statement game against Ohio St to get national respect.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HobeyBaker View Post
    Do you guys think Taylor has any chance of winning? I'm guessing he would need 200 and 4 TD type of statement game against Ohio St to get national respect.
    I do.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keystonekiller View Post
    Hurt

You are quoting Lakebouef5 not me. My only post on this thread stated Jalen threw 1 int. and fumbled once.
    Last edited by 1Holeshot; 10-13-2019 at 06:22 PM.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    You are quoting Lakebouef5 not me. My only post on this thread stated Jalen threw 1 int. and fumble once.
    Please see post#48
    Ranger 205dvs 225opti

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HobeyBaker View Post
    Only chance he'll have is if he plays out of his mind against OSU, 200yd 4td would definitely help and again against IA and MN...
    Cheese County Bass Club

I think the Heisman will go to someone on the Hogs this year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123