Pro-Tec application

Does it matter if you do the Pro-tec Moisturizer, and also the Sealant, by hand or with power buffer? I want the best result and I'm only doing the top cap on my Skeeter. I have a very light haze in some areas that I may wet sand first. pse and thanks

For best results...the Nu Paint needs to be used with a machine like any compound. Using it without would kinda be like sanding your boat with 3000 grit.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    ok, thanks for the reply...I'll use a buffer. Will the moisturizer remove light oxidation? or should I go ahead and wet sand first?

It will remove “some” oxidation. As always it’s very hard to give usable advice without seeing it. You can always buff then if the oxidation comes back in a couple months or sooner you’ll need to sand.
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    ok, many thanks

6. Member
    Hey crank68....as you already know, THIS PRO-TEC SYSTEM IS AMAZING!!! As per your suggestion, I wet sanded entire top cap with 2000 grit. Then buffed in the "moisturizer" and finally 2 coats of the sealant, all as per instructions. It now looks like a showroom quality boat, very glossy...hopefully it will stay that way (I assume I can re-seal it every few months over the existing sealer to keep it up?). I'll also use the showroom conditioner often. FYI: this is a 2002 Skeeter ZX200 that I bought 3 years ago. It was so badly oxidized then that the color was almost not visible. I had already wet sanded and compounded it at that time, but didn't use Prot-tec....it looked better, but not great....now it does. Thanks again for your advice.

IMO you can’t put to much wax/sealer type product on your boat. The Nu Paint is a nice product...3000 grit compound that finals as a polish. I personally do not use this for buffing but I do use the Sealant Polish. I like that product except for the smell..ha ha. Glad it worked out.
    www.ncboatguy.com