Thread: Surgery failed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Surgery failed

Well doc tried to fix the nerve but their was just too much damage. After turning the end of my finger into hamburger meat I can't blame him in anyway. He drilled a hole in the bone and sank the nerve inside so it won't be painful the outside of the left index finger is going to be numb. Being a tig pipe welder I'm sure I can adjust how I feed wire with my left hand. Is it sad I am more concerned about how it will effect my fishing?

2. Banned
    Nah, welding maybe be your profession, but fishing is a lifestyle... Hope everything works of for the best... Dan

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    That sucks, but it seems like you are keeping as positive an attitude as possible, under the circumstances. I had a major injury myself in the recent past, and that’s absolutely the best thing you can do. Hang in there and look for the bright side.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that. Hope it does t affect either your work or play.

Dale Sinclair original

5. Banned
    My Portside pinkie and outer half on the left ring finger have been numb for 17 years now from neck injuries, You'll slowly become accustomed to the 'uniqueness' I'd also advise be extra wary around the stove, doors and the like. Seeing that particular digit gets more use, maybe take longer to get familiar. My son closed the door on my pinkie once and that was kind of weird, as most experiencers of same would hop about like a raped ape.

Brightside:

Good thing You aren't a 'Gun Nu... Enthusiast' nicknamed 'Lefty'..

But don't fret as we here @BBC™ still think You're #1

Unknown.png

6. Banned
    Yep my better half is a Nurse Practitioner she told me yesterday to stop telling her she was #1. That and suck it up your not getting a pain pill till I say so. They gave prescription for a hydrocodone every 4-6 hours for pain she allows one at bed time for sleep. Stopped at Walgreens to get the pills 24 of them when we got home and opened the bottle it was completely full they had given me 124. We went back to Walgreens and returned them the look on that ladies face was priceless when she read 24 on the bottle.

7. Member
    U will do just fine, i almost cut off all four of my left hand fingers. A little numb but i still have them.

8. Member
    I dont think you will notice it as much as you think. I turned my right index finger into a mess back when I was a kid. (power tools) I wouldnt say its totally numb but at the end I dont have much feeling. I also tig weld just not as a professional and it hasent messed with me.

Funny story. Years after I would be walking in the mall with friends and they would have those center islands with the people who wanted to buff your nails or something. They would stop everyone and I think offer a free trial or coupon or something I cant remember. They would stop me and offer and I would show them my finger which is a little shorter scarred up and only has a super small piece of finger nail that sorta sticks out the side. I would say thats what happened the last time I used their service and they would freak out LOL.

9. Banned
    That's awesome well in a after thought funny way

Well crap man, sorry it didn't go as planned, how long you going to be down?

11. Banned
    Doc said unwrap it Monday should have movement. Got a appointment the 23rd to remove stitches I'm in Hope's he will release me to go back to work then.

12. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    You will be surprised how quick your middle finger will replace the index for when you need to feel line or for work. Hope you heal fast and can get back to it.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

13. Member
    for fast healing. My first cousin had his hand run around a chain sprocket Most of his finger ended up deformed but he's adapted. He's still welding into his late 70's.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

14. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    ouch,,, that sux,,, hope you heal quick and adapt well..........

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Sorry to hear the surgery didn't go as good as everyone had hoped. Wishing you a speedy recovery
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

16. Member
    I injured my right knee years ago. Lost the feeling on the right side. After a few years I noticed a burning like sensation from my pants rubbing on the skin. A little irritating. I was told that it was normal. The rest of my knee is ok just the area that was injured. I've had three surgeries for other injuries to the same knee. Now I am careful about how I do things, no jumping like I used to. I too was a Welder. Smacked my finger using a chipping hammer, hurt like hell for about a week. I started using my middle finger when mig welding. After it was better I noticed that I was more comfortable with welding like that. I'm sure you will adjust, just takes time. Good luck. I also welded with an eye patch on my left eye, due to 3rd nerve palsy. I couldn't afford to miss 3 months of work. Did just fine, my company argued about it for about three weeks. My lawyer said it was not illegal to have one eye, and if people are allowed to drive with only one eye, than I should be able to work. We came to an agreement that if it became an issue, I would be placed in a labor position. It cleared up and I didn't have to stop working.

17. Banned
    Wish you the best. It is terrible to see injuries like this to anyone anywhere. Again, best of luck moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Is it sad I am more concerned about how it will effect my fishing?
    Not at all. That would be my biggest concern as well.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

19. Banned
    Ok Jarhead surgery didn't go as you expected. Sounds like house hold 7 is taking care of you. Now get back on that foot peddle an stop getting yourself down your alive all that matters .

20. Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast