Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    I doubt it. People are spreading the word. There has only been around 20 boats the last few years. People quit coming because of the poor fishing on Cass.
    Poor fishing? The toughness is what makes it so fun.
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

2. dartag1829
    You guys should organize an event there.

3. Member
    Is the fishing better on Union that time of year?

4. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by masterbasser View Post
    Is the fishing better on Union that time of year?
    Yes. Some guys won't be happy because I live on the lake. There is a good mix of large and small mouth. There will be lots of 10-13 pound bags. Cass is more like 7-9. Mike had a great bag last year. This is a fun year end event that is why the entry is low. BTW. I get beat out there a lot. But I am an Old Man.

I'm not scared fishing against you Steve... I just cant afford the entrance fee... I live in a van down by the river.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Member
    Pay no attention to my post. I am sick as a dog and under medication. Coughed so hard I hurt my back. Plus I am aggravated that the season is coming to an end...DOUBLE BONUS
    Wave Therapy

7. Member
    Hasn't it been Cass for 30 years? A new team wins every year on Cass, even playing field.

8. Member
    Last year was down to 20 boats, because the tournament date was moved when Doug's son had a conflict. It really hurt the boat numbers moving the date. Now moving the lake will put the final nail in the coffin. If you wanted something different, start something new and pass on this tradition for someone else to continue. Union without question has better fishing, but has a smaller ramp and no history. Union will also fish much smaller than Cass.
    -Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    I doubt it. People are spreading the word. There has only been around 20 boats the last few years. People quit coming because of the poor fishing on Cass.

9. dartag1829
    Remember this was a group decision to move it not Me. I have helped Doug promote it for 15 years. Funny It has been shared on FB many times and this is the only place with negative response.

10. Member
    Open to anyone or do you have to be a member of some org?

11. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by adb1228 View Post
    Open to anyone or do you have to be a member of some org?
    Open event.

12. dartag1829
    Last Chance Union Lake 10/27/19

After a night of Torrential Rain and High Winds the morning brought mist and wind. As the day went on the rain cleared but the High Winds blew all day. 9 boats braved the tough conditions. The fish were biting pretty good. Congratulations to Choiniere and Buffer on 1st place with 16.65 pounds and Big Bass with a 3.95 Largemouth. Hope I spelled your names right.
    Choiniere and Buffer 16.65 3.95 BB
    Ratliff and Tyrell 15.85
    Rusher and Thompkins 11.55
    Thanks to everyone that came out to fish.

Steve, Doug and Little Bill.

They paid 3 places with 9 boats?

I fished today, Not on Union... It was tough.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

14. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    They paid 3 places with 9 boats?

I fished today, Not on Union... It was tough.

Paid 2 spots and Big Bass. I always put the top 3 in my tournament reports. Tough doesn't describe it. Tops were blowing off the waves pretty much all day.

Looking forward to Golf Cart Fishing the next 4 months.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12