What prop for a 2016 Z521C ??

This is a dual console boat with 10ft power poles and is powered by Yamaha 250SHO , with a tournament load with two guys and live wells full I’m lucky if I hit 65 mph . Is this what most guys are running ?

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    What prop/size are you running now, and at what rpms? I don’t know much about propping the SHO, but your speed does seem a little off. My guess is that with such a heavy load, you aren’t getting the rpms and bow lift needed for maximum performance. Not uncommon for that boat/motor setup to run high 60s with a tournament load, but you’re a bit below that.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Sounds pretty normal to me...I run a 24 fury 4 it gets 68 solo and 65-66 loaded with two guys. I do leave both butt seats in quite a bit and Im sure they cost some drag/speed. As I've said before some guys claim unicorn boats that do 70 plus..but Ive had 2 21's and they are both pigs.

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Agree with Dean. This is a sensitive subject, but thank goodness we typically get several reports when a question of top speed comes up, with some high, some low, and some in the middle.

5. Member
    Thanks for your feedback , my T1 SHO prop has a cracked hub so I was wondering what prop everybody is running because I’m in the market fora new prop

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    From what I read, a large majority of guys running a SHO on your hull are still running the T1 prop. Furies and Bravos [with appropriate hub change] also perform decently, but apparently little if any better than the Yammie prop.

7. Member
    I've got a 2014 Z521c single console with a 250 SHO, an Ultrex and two 12' Talons. I've run a T1 25P, a T2 25P, and a T2 24P. In perfect conditions with a very light load I've seen (briefly) 70-71 with the 25P. But day in and day out 68 is about all she'll do with me and a livewell full of fish. Add a partner and she is down around 66. I have found that I prefer the T2 24P because the holeshot is significantly better and the loss of top end is nearly non-existent. That is because it takes so long and such perfect conditions to get the 25 to top speed where I'm able to achieve top speed much quicker with the 24 and top speed with the 24 for me is 68.

8. Member
    I have run many props on a rig like this with the 250 sho. I have found the Mercury Bravo FS 26 pitch will lift this boat and turn it into a very responsive set up. It will lift the boat at low speeds and take you into the seventies top end and give great hole shot.....

9. Member
    The number sounds right.
    2016 Ranger Z521C Mercury 250 PRO XS