Vessel View reception distance on app

2B573392. I installed the Vessel View. How far should you be able to get reception for info on your phone? Mine does not seem to connect to my phone if I am more than a boat length away.

Also, after I installed a Tuff Skinz neoprene motor cover reception was reduced to only about 2-3 feet and could not get reception at steering wheel. You would'nt think the cover would make that much of a difference.

2. Member
    I had to get an extended harness from European Marine and mounted mine under the driver’s console. No issues with reception now.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTN View Post
    I had to get an extended harness from European Marine and mounted mine under the driver’s console. No issues with reception now.

4. Member
    Its Bluetooth, so 10 meters or around 33 feet is what it should get.

5. Member
    never had a problem with mine

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Bluetooth is essentially "line of sight" and is also affected by any obstructions, RFI, etc.

VVM is intended for use on-board the vessel.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    I carefully pulled plugin for harnesses out from under rear panel at back . and relocated it up behind exhaust tube.this added length allowed me to mount vessel view ontop starboard Intake runner with 2 long zip ties. I never lose connection now I sit 12 -13 ft away. had to cut 1 zip tie and took 20 mins .

PM me if you would like pics.
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff