Indiana Bass Club Moderator sc419795's Avatar

That 'almost' round

I am sure most on here had that round of golf you replay over and over in your head that could have been very special. Now...I realize that until the bill is in the cup, it really don't matter. Kind of like that 10 pound LM you hook into and cannot get it into the boat. You can talk about it but most are skeptical unless you land it and take a picture.

Was able to play 9 holes Tuesday evening. Carded 2 over. This included a drive OB hitting 3 off the tee. Threw a number of darts at the flags. Had 3 putts inside of 8' that either lipped or didn't have the speed to get to the hole. Keep replaying this one over and over again. +2 is very good for me....could have easily been -2 or better with a couple of better putts or a tee shot that I did not yank.

Oh well....one day it will all come together.
    Steve
    2006 Sylvan Expedition Sport
    2006 Yamaha F150 TXR s/n 63P L 1041829

2. Member
    That's why we all keep coming back. We all get so close to THAT round so we come back the next day knowing (hoping) today is the day. Keep hitting them and your round will come.

3. Member
    It all depends on the last hole
    three weeks ago I played for the first time in months on a big corse on 18 I drive the ball inThe fairway bunker and had to lay up on a very reachable in 2 par 5settled for a par to shoot 73.
    a week later on the same course I drove the ball 30 yards pat the bunker had a 8 iron to the green sunk a15 foot eagle to shoot 83.
    i haven't been back

Had a 9 last year that I shot 41, I lipped out 6 putts however.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

5. Member
    It has been a while,for me. But I hope to remember an almost round soon.

6. Member
    I know the feeling. A few days ago I made a 35 footer for birdie in hole #2. Then I missed 4 birdie putts all inside 5 feet. Took a double on 18.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    I know the feeling. A few days ago I made a 35 footer for birdie in hole #2. Then I missed 4 birdie putts all inside 5 feet. Took a double on 18.
    That is golf! Luck, no luck, no breaks, good breaks, a few good shots, then stringing a few together for a good round. Watching pros today make some horrible shots made me feel better. Everyone has them, but good players overcome them.
    The game is a constant challenge that you cannot let up on to be successful.
    all this after one of the worst rounds of my life. But I will bounce back.