tree stand locks

long story last year the stand which was in a very large tree was taken down and and set at the bottom of tree and ladder left up and someone else up stand in the same tree, talked to land owner and all that, so this year went back to clean it up and it is all gone. things that burns me is its been in that spot better than 10 years.

whats the best way to "lock it on a tree" i used chain and doubled nutted the bolt so you would have to have a wrench to remove. thinking of going to cable and clamps

2. Member
    Chain or cable, with all the battery powered tools on the market don't make much difference what you use.

Quote Originally Posted by retiredmechanic View Post
    Chain or cable, with all the battery powered tools on the market don't make much difference what you use.
    This. If a thief wants it, they will figure out a way to take it. Had a good padlock cut off one of mine a few years back. They left the lock and took everything else. I just don't leave my stand any more.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

4. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    I wrap a chain around the loc on's and tree with lock in the worse direction possible. It's kind of like locking your front door of your home it just keeps honest people honest.

I knock on wood I've had cards stolen from my cameras and one camera stolen. Never a stand.

I now mainly use millenniums so I can leave steps and buckle but take the stand in and out as I desire. This also allows me to have as many stand locations as I wish and just one stand.
    I have one for me, one for my wife and two extra just in case we leave them in and need to move around. I have lord only knows how many sets of steps, ladders and buckles. I've pretty much quit using permanent lock on's.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfool38 View Post
    I wrap a chain around the loc on's and tree with lock in the worse direction possible. It's kind of like locking your front door of your home it just keeps honest people honest.

I knock on wood I've had cards stolen from my cameras and one camera stolen. Never a stand.

I now mainly use millenniums so I can leave steps and buckle but take the stand in and out as I desire. This also allows me to have as many stand locations as I wish and just one stand.
    I have one for me, one for my wife and two extra just in case we leave them in and need to move around. I have lord only knows how many sets of steps, ladders and buckles. I've pretty much quit using permanent lock on's.
    Not to hijack.... But do you put a ratchet strap on your Millennium as xtra safety?