Thread: 2007 Ranger 521

2007 Ranger 521

Anybody put the comfort troll u4 made for the ultrex in one of these boats. My factory recessed tray don't really fit ultrex pedal.Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

2. Member
    I can't believe nobody has anything on this

3. Member
    My 07 did not have the factory tray built into the deck. I cut the deck and is talked a stainless tray. I ended up going back and adding a stiff knee under the deck because it was softer than I felt comfortable with. Shouldn’t be a problem on you boat as long as the hole for the tray is bigger than your existing hole.

4. Member
    Chris C. I am in the same boat without a tray. What did you do to ad the support? I have ideas for how to do it but I woul drathe not have visible fasteners above the deck. Can support be added with fasteners from below the deck? I am nervous about cutting a bigazz hole in my boat.

Ricky. Sorry for poaching your thread but hopefully we both get some good info. I have done a lot of research in past posts and every time I search I find something new. This is the first time I have seen anything about deck Flex but it makes sense.

5. Member
    I took an untreated 2x4 and installed it too to bottom under the brace built into the deck just behind the cut for the recessed tray. I notched it to fit right to the brace, and made a compound v on the bottom so it fit right to the floor. I then used L brackets and small screws to hold the 2x4 in place. I did not use treated as that is a dry compartment, and treated lumber is hard on hardware.

chris

6. Member
    No worries paintworx I didn't do a search before posting guess I should have just trying to see if anyone else has done this

7. Member
    My Ranger might be of the same era as yours and came with a recessed tray for trolling motor pedal. The Ultrex pedal is just a bit too wide for the factory tray. I posted an inquiry and a member said to remove the metal framing pieces by taking out screws. Then mount Ultrex pedal in tray and trim pieces where necessary from the metal frame and re-attach. It works great. You might not need to install a new tray. Good luck.

8. Member
    The pedal actually fits in the recess but the cut out for the wiring is in the middle and the ultrex wiring is on the left of center causing the problem.