Do I need two units for 360 imaging?

I am thinking of buying 360 imaging. I have a 9 mega si on my bow. Should I purchase another mega 9 or can I just get away with one unit?

2. Member
    You can run one unit for the current 360 since its connected thru your Ethernet port.
    If you wait and get a Mega 360, as of right now you’ll need to get a second unit if you want to run the 360 and
    get your Side Image data from your Side Image Transducer, if not you’ll get Side Image from your 360 transducer
    and there’s no conclusion on the quality of that Image to date.
    Theres is a rumor that HB has a cable in development that will solve this issue but nothing official at this time. The current y cable
    doesn't allow for full operation of the Side Image Transducer.
    Also the Mega 360 is not compatible with the G2 or prior units, needs to be a G3 SI or DI unit in the Helix line.

3. Member
    How does the Mega 360 compare to the Panoptix Livescope? I fish a lot of deep water and would like to be able to scan out in front of the boat to see fish suspended in deep water. For example, having the boat sitting in 60 feet of water and looking for fish suspended in the water column at 20-40 feet. I am running Helix 12 Gn3 with the built in Ultrex mega imaging transducer.

4. Member
    I have had livescope and it works but like anything you have to use/learn it to interpret the screen returns. I have mega 360 preordered and am excided about trying it. Livescope is cool and if you drop shot often its probably a necessity. The way i fish, i would rather see the cover and where its at around the boat than the actual fish. Time will tell, if i miss livescope i can get another one.

5. Member
    Thank you for the info!