MercMonitor visibility

2014 250 Pro xs #2b017358.

About to pull the trigger on a MercMonitor, My plan is to install it in place of my current analog tach. I’m wondering about the screen visibility and size. Is it easy to glance over and see the RPM while running in full sun? I’m worried that the digital screen won’t be bright enough or the text large enough.

Thanks

Level 1 MercMonitor can be seen with polarized sunglasses. I mounted myself mine where a graph used to be.

2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

I would get vessel view and link it to my graph
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G. View Post
    Level 1 MercMonitor can be seen with polarized sunglasses. I mounted myself mine where a graph used to be.
    That's where I mounted mine as well.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Same here, mounted where analog tach was and no issues seeing the readout....althought i have it linked to my graphs to display the info, i'm looking at the MM 95% of the time.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No problem with using a L1 in that location, though you'll have to make a couple of bushings.

There are other options to consider as well- see Rhonda's post (pinned at the top of the forum)- if you drop her an email, she can provide you with a list of options and special BBC member pricing.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor