Livescope recommendations please

I have recently gotten a new boat and moved to Humminbird Helix 12" units on the console and bow. Am very interested in adding the Livescope system to the bow and my Ultrex trolling motor. The 9" Garmin display would seem to be adequate for my needs, but the 10" model appears to have more processing power, etc. I am particularly interested in using the Livescope to locate suspended fish in deeper water, say depths of 40 to 60 feet with the bass suspended in the water column. Insights and recommendations from you Garmin experts appreciated!

2. Member
    I've had mine on an Ultra 106sv, an 8610 and a 1042xsv. All 10" screens with the 8610 being the one I leave it on at the bow. It seems to have the best resolution. I know it will work on a 9" screen as hundreds have been sold for that but I really can't imagine anything less than 10". 12" or 16" would be even better. But we all have to live with what we can justifiably afford.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

3. Member
    If you are fishing that deep and that would be the primary depth it’s used, , I would not consider anything less than a 12” screen. If you have to get a 10”, choose the ultra over the gpsmap. It’s screen is taller and wiill be more useful to you. If you are solely searching 40-60 ft and jigging suspended fish, take a look at the ps30 too. No pretty pics like Livescope but much more efficient with that style of fishing.

4. Banned
    I've had the 1042, 1242 and now the 8612. I like the 8612 best but you have to ask what it's worth to you. You can get the 1242 and livescop for the price of the 8612 and the 1242 makes for a perfectly good install.

I forgot ....... stay away from the 9 inch units. Everyone I know that had one now has the 1042 and is much happier. I tried the PS30 and sold it, the livescope is going nowhere.

5. Member
    thanks - yes, a huge difference in price between the low and high end of those recommendations. The advice to stay away from the 9" units is very helpful-thanks!

I have VERY bad eyesight and the 93sv plus works great for just Livescope. I dont see a need for anything else unless you really want a 10" + screen.

I have a gps map 9 and it works great the only thing I can say is if a unit is taller like suggested above that would be a direct benefit for your jigging deep. Other than that my 9" seems very fast as a stand alone option. The touch screen is very responsive to my finger in more conditions than my phone/lowrance hds. And being touch screen I can go through options setting faster than a buddys non touch 10" but then again it's mine ya his foreign one...
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

8. Member
    I just sold my 93sv, went with a guide with a 122 ultra just had to have one. The 9" is just to hard to see.