Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Will sell the prop for 400.

2. Member
    I ordered a Solas Scorpion 15 1/8 x 28p 3 blade. Got a great deal on it on ebay for $220 including shipping. Someone on the Suzuki Outboards facebook group recommended it to me, he's getting ~65 on his 19 foot rig. Hopefully I'll get similar numbers.

3. Member
    That's awesome, hope it runs great . Think I priced the 25p to high for the other fella. Think I am going to list it for 300 on prop forum. I am wanting to try the solas 4 blade recommended in earlier post. Hole shot not great with the suzuki 27 p.

4. Member
    60 all day wot no matter if just me or 3 on boat.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohio View Post
    That's awesome, hope it runs great . Think I priced the 25p to high for the other fella. Think I am going to list it for 300 on prop forum. I am wanting to try the solas 4 blade recommended in earlier post. Hole shot not great with the suzuki 27 p.
    Welp I spoke to soon. Seller sent me the wrong prop and is being very difficult. I have to wait for the 4th for ebay to step in. Very inconvenient. I'll have to buy another prop.....

6. Member
    Finally got a proper 28 pitch Rubex Scorpion. Just installed it today. Instructions were a little confusing, they say to use the OEM thrust washer, but then they have in the steps to use their own Solas thrust washer. I ended up using the Solas thrust washer since the front of the prop/hub (boat end) is different than the oem prop/hub. The oem prop/hub has a "lip" around it to mate with the oem thrust washer, whereas the Scorpion prop/hub doesn't have that lip, thus I believe the Solas thrust washer is the way to go. Testing it out tmrw.

7. Member
    Cool I can't wait to see your results!
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firemech048 View Post
    Cool I can't wait to see your results!
    Was able to play with it for an hour ish yesterday before the wind became too much. Holeshot and cruising speed are better. With the underpitched 26, it would lean towards the right during takeoff before leveling out. Also, if the motor was just the slightest bit trimmed up from a fully down position, it wouldn't plane out. With the Scorpion 28, I don't have that starboard lean, it takes off quicker and evenly. I also don't need to fully trim down (though of course it makes holeshot quicker if I do, but sometimes I'm lazy).

Cruising speed is better. I think previously at 4000 rpms I was getting low 30s mph, and at 5000 rpms I was getting low 40s mph. Now I'm getting mid 30s at 4000 rpms and mid 40s at 5000 rpms.

Top speed is better, but I don't know how much. It's here I realized that my local lake is actually too small haha. With the previous 26, I would hit my top speed and rpm before I hit the end of the lake. With the 28, it takes more time to reach top speed, and I don't know if I'm able to hit the rev limiter. I still had some throttle when I stopped it at 5800-5900 rpms. Nevertheless, with the previous prop the best I got was about 53 mph. Wit the Scorpion I was able to see 58 mph at around 5900 rpms which is 7 percent slip. All my testing is down running both directions of the lake, accounting for wind, then averaging the two top speeds. Would love to break 60. I have a hydraulic jackplate and need to play with the settings. I also need to go bigger water. I tend to be cautious and I don't just mash the throttle. I gradually bring it up.

Fuel might be a problem beacause I just cannot run this thing empty. I use startron religiously so I'm not too worried. But yea, this thing sips gas.

Will I try another prop? Maybe, but probably not. The only other prop I'd try is a 14.25/14.5 x 28 4 blade. But I think the Scorpion is pretty decent. The holeshot improvements alone were worth it (hated that starboard lean). The throttle feels better, more firm resistance. Hopefully with more testing I can get more top speed. I just need to learn how to drive my Falcon. This is my first 200 hp 19 footer. I know some boats like to ride level, some like to ride bow high. I just need to figure out the sweet spot for the falcon. 58mph with no idea what I'm doing seems promising. Hopefully I'll have more updates soon.
    Last edited by th365thli; 12-06-2019 at 10:11 AM.

9. Member
    I will say though, just judging from my experience, that these DF200s can probably turn a 29 pitch. Just funny how differently they are geared than other outboards lol. Maybe next year I'll try it haha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12