Carb kit and bowl change

2004 J150glsrm SN05050965
    So after a $1200 estimate from a local shop I’m going to try to do the job myself. Im getting ready to place an order at boats.net. Parts are on sale right now. Going to get BRP 0438996 and 0433000. Is there anything else I should order or need to do the job? Should I run carb cleaner through it prior, or do the job first then clean?
    Any expert tips, tricks, advice, or things to watch out for is appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Do one carb at a time, disassemble the carb and clean the carb body and orifices. Move the hi speed orifice from the old carb bowl to the new carb bowl. Tighten the screws in an X pattern. Don't over tighten the screws or you will warp the bowls again.

3. Member
    [QUOTE=ChampioNman;10580793]Do one carb at a time, disassemble the carb and clean the carb body and orifices. Move the hi speed orifice from the old carb bowl to the new carb bowl. Tighten the screws in an X pattern. Don't over tighten the screws or you will warp the bowls again.[/QUOT

Thanks

4. Member
    Okay, rebuilt all six carbs one at a time. Wasn’t to bad of a job really. Pumped up the bulb and checked for leaks, didn’t see any. I have it outside now with muffs on trying to start it. It will crank but no fire. Any ideas? Bulb is still hard.
    I did have to unplug some wiring harnesses to free up one carb, but everything is going on plugged back in.

5. Member
    Kill switch
    She’s purring now!