Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cougar in Indiana?????

https://www.wthr.com/article/dnr-inv...diana-counties

hmm ---I don't know. DNR has had other reports and they deny them...even the trap camera, date and time stamped picture (because it had no GPS metadata to prove location).
    doesn't seem real likely I suppose- and I cannot decide, if real, if this would be cool or not.
    maybe kinda cool.

2. Member
    DNR has also denied reports of rattlesnakes and bob cats, even though police dept has photos and security videos of them. Earlier this summer was the 3 diamond backs, one in the garage under a tarp and 2 found in the mans yard. Dont remember the southern county.

Illinois tried denying them until a DNR officer shot one in a farmers culvert.
    2004 Triton TR21, 225 proxs

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    DNR has also denied reports of rattlesnakes and bob cats, even though police dept has photos and security videos of them. Earlier this summer was the 3 diamond backs, one in the garage under a tarp and 2 found in the mans yard. Dont remember the southern county.
    Bobcats are plentiful here in my area, we see them often...................

5. Banned
    People have spotted them around here for the past 30 years and until recently the DNR has denied the existence of them. I suppose as soon as an Indiana DNR warden shoots one then it will be real LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post
    People have spotted them around here for the past 30 years and until recently the DNR has denied the existence of them. I suppose as soon as an Indiana DNR warden shoots one then it will be real LOL.
    thats about the speed of it

7. Member
    Id rather have a cougar around here rather than the coyotes. At least the cougars will only have 1 or 2 per litter and the coyotes can have up to 18 per litter, and they breed 2 times a year

8. Banned
    There in the midwest no doubt

...but DNR intentionally "reintroduced" rattle snakes all over the state. Why would they deny they were already here?
    A friend of mine in Crawfordsville gets them in his barn about every year - and always has - for the 30 years I have known him. I was not aware they were one of the species DNR was denying.

Heck, we had a Bobcat all the way up here by us in NWI a few years back. Got in a tussle with a guys Beagles while rabbit hunting at ---- willow slough (???)

Id rather have a cougar around here rather than the coyotes. At least the cougars will only have 1 or 2 per litter and the coyotes can have up to 18 per litter, and they breed 2 times a year
    and the cougars are not into everything everywhere all the darn time...they keep mostly to themselves and away from people when possible - darn coyotes are a PITA!

11. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Rattlesnakes and bobcats are both very common in Indiana. Why would DNR deny they were here? Sounds like a story. Timber Rattlers and Mississauga both. Bobcats everywhere.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Kentucky denies that they are here as well but I saw one with my own two eyes. I know several other people who claimed to see them over the years as well.

I want to see a picture of her first.....

14. BBC SPONSOR
    Nice job - it took to comment post #13 for anyone to mention "her". I expected comments about older divorced women to overrun this thread.
    Ken

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reclending.com View Post
    Nice job - it took to comment post #13 for anyone to mention "her". I expected comments about older divorced women to overrun this thread.
    Ken
    Haha I was thinking the same thing

16. Member
    There are for sure cougars in indiana, the dnr will deny it or will say it got accidentally released from a rehab center or some crap like that.

No surprise, John Couger is from Indiana.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Altro Cat View Post
    Kentucky denies that they are here as well but I saw one with my own two eyes. I know several other people who claimed to see them over the years as well.
    Whatever happened with the one they shot and killed over near Paris, Ky...??? They tried to pass it off as someones escaped pet. They were supposed to do a DNA test to determine but I never heard the results... Dan

19. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Team do work View Post
    There are for sure cougars in indiana, the dnr will deny it or will say it got accidentally released from a rehab center or some crap like that.
    Not sure where people get these stories. The DNR has confirmed cougar sightings in Indiana. People just want to believe there is some kind of conspiracy.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

I saw em in Alabama and they say they don't exist here. I saw a time stamped game cam pic and was told that DNR said it was faked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast