Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tournament guys only question

So you have a year end championship that you have to " qualify " for. T D. Makes a mistake and let's someone in that isn't qualified. He wins event. The next day everyone realized he wasn't qualified.

What now ??..?

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Win pulled and awarded to first actually qualified person.

Fire the TD and anyone else who should have realized.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

3. Member
    Water under the bridge. Vote in new TD for next year. People make mistakes.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ameneddie View Post
    ^^^^

This^^^
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by munchie View Post
    So you have a year end championship that you have to " qualify " for. T D. Makes a mistake and let's someone in that isn't qualified. He wins event. The next day everyone realized he wasn't qualified.

What now ??..?
    That would suck? Going to be hard to get any money back and get everything straightened out. Where was it at? IM me if you don't want to say on here.

7. Banned
    As long as the guy who won didn't plant fresh green brush piles within days of the tournament, the win stands...

I guess the real question is, did the guy who won know he didn't qualify???... Dan

8. Banned
    Might not be able to vote out a TD if he is the one running the Tournament.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    As long as the guy who won didn't plant fresh green brush piles within days of the tournament, the win stands...

I guess the real question is, did the guy who won know he didn't qualify???... Dan
    I see what you did there.

IF there is something that the winner signed prior, basically saying any decision is under the discretion of the t director(or some such wording) I'm thinking the winner would get contacted , have to give the money back. Director would refund his entry fee back (maybe another hundred bucks or so for his time) and it would go to second place person.
    OR
    nothing was signed, and the tournament takes the static for messing up and the guy keeps the win and money.

Crappy situation for sure, and even more so depending on the amount involved.

Curious us to see what some other guys think.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

11. Member
    If YOUR money from previous events was used for payouts in a QUALIFIED event, then the top finisher that is qualified wins the event.

12. Member
    If it was an innocent mistake (not the TD's best friend) then you have to let it ride. The real solution though is to go to the winner and explain the situation, an honorable guy would step aside. We had a similar mix up on qualifications so I gave up my slot to avoid the appearance of a conflict (I was state president). 90% of the guys thought I shouldn't have gave up the slot but it turned out to be the best thing in the long run.

13. Banned
    Normally "Protest" have to be filed in writing within a certain period time... 15 or 30 minutes after the weigh-in closes... No protest filed within that time period, tough noogies... Tournament director screwed up... I like the comments "fire the TD", he'd probably whistle and dance if he was. It's THE most thankless job on the face of the earth... Dan

14. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Normally "Protest" have to be filed in writing within a certain period time... 15 or 30 minutes after the weigh-in closes... No protest filed within that time period, tough noogies... Tournament director screwed up... I like the comments "fire the TD", he'd probably whistle and dance if he was. It's THE most thankless job on the face of the earth... Dan
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

15. Member
    This...good gosh....How do you think he feels?

I guess it would matter it it was a big event, TBF, but club? Let it ride, the TD is a volunteer at at thankless position.

17. Member
    That’s not really a hypothetical situation,it happens all the time. We have a trail here called Bojangles ,several years ago the director/owner let Mr Williams into the classic when he hadn’t qualified. The classic was at Kerr Lake and Mr Williams won,the payout was a new boat. Nothing anyone could do about it,except that I quit fishing with them. The ABA does it almost every year at their national tournament,the rules say top 500 in points qualify but Mr Sheehan will let in anyone with the entry fee money because a full field means more money for him. I think if the rules say top 500 then anyone below the cut line does not qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    I guess it would matter it it was a big event, TBF, but club? Let it ride, the TD is a volunteer at at thankless position.
    I agree. The rest of y’all should’ve paid closer attention.

19. Member
    How much money are we talking here?

We have to qualify our way into the Championship as well. One thing that I do is verbally state the current qualification status for each team with two qualifiers remaining so everyone hears it and everyone knows the status of the Championship field. Then after the final qualifier, I publish the field of teams that are eligible to compete in the Championship. There cannot be any confusion or questions, either you qualified to fish in the Championship or failed to qualify to fish in the Championship.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast