Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lowrance GPS issues.

I have Hds Gen 3, 9 on last update and HDs Gen 3, 12 on latest update. Today while fishing in Oklahoma I noticed my god speed bounce around a lot and my time varied between units. When I checked satellites the time in that page was way off. My track and position seemed fine. Any ideas on what my issue could be. I also checked GPS source it each one was independent but had same issues.

2. Member
    There are a few potential sources of GPS-intereferrence. (Where I live the main one is called Russia.) I would not think to much about it unless it repeats itself next time you are out.

3. Member
    Fished all day again today and they both did it. I checked and both are checked as their own source so it doesn’t appear to be a malfunction of one unit. They both appear to be receiving weak satellite signal. Is this possible two days in a row or do I have bigger problems?

4. Banned
    You don’t have a point1?

5. Member
    No just internal on the units. Never felt I needed it. That may change now.

6. Member
    Two days in a row is one to many. But strange both are doing it. Do you have NMEA2000 in your boat at all? If you do, physically disconnect it from the units and see if that helps.

7. Member
    They are linked through Ethernet.

8. Member
    That is not our problem, ethernet does not override the internal GPS-reciver like NMEA2000 can do. Weird that both units have the issue though, unless there is something external causing it.

9. Member
    No change today. Did the WiFi update on rear unit and still the same. I’m at a loss. I really like having a working clock for a tourney. Will really have to keep an eye on my watch tomorrow.

10. Member
    Fired up my units today (12 carbon at the bow and 2 hds8's at the console) and they began beeping "no GPS fix." I hadn't changed any of the settings with the units and they've all got the most recent updates. You're not alone in what you're experiencing.

11. Member
    M1, mine will only do that when I’m parked in my shop. That could be your problem, you have to have a clear view of the sky. Mine get a gps fix just not correct time and even sitting still gos speed bounces from zero to 0.3

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leethefishking View Post
    M1, mine will only do that when I’m parked in my shop. That could be your problem, you have to have a clear view of the sky. Mine get a gps fix just not correct time and even sitting still gos speed bounces from zero to 0.3
    Yes it was in my garage, but the other 198 times I've powered up the units in the garage it has never occurred.

13. Member
    GPS has been all over the place in the last 18 months, from super accurate to miles out for short periods.

14. Member
    My time held on both units today but gps speed still jumping. Waypoints seem to be dead on though. It’s just weird.

15. Member
    Time to save waypoints and do a hard reset. :)

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Time to save waypoints and do a hard reset. :)
    What exactly do I need to do to hard reset.

17. Member
    turn unit OFF
    --press and hold both the ZIN and ZOUT buttons
    --press and release the LIGHT/POWER button
    --release all buttons when the USA map appears

18. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    I e always heard the government controls the accuracy of GPS and can vary it when they feel the need.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

19. Banned
    Lee, have you used the graphs since you’ve been back? My speed and all has been fine, but my wypts and epe have been way off from what and where they are supposed to be. (And I’m using a point1)

Sidenote, the crappie are biting like a mofo.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Lee, have you used the graphs since you’ve been back? My speed and all has been fine, but my wypts and epe have been way off from what and where they are supposed to be. (And I’m using a point1)

Sidenote, the crappie are biting like a mofo.
    I have only checked in my driveway but still jacked up. Speed going from 0.0 to 0.3 on both units while sitting still. Now this doesn’t sound like a big deal but I assure you it is when your covering water and trying to maintain perfect trolling motor speed. I will do the hard reset when I get some time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast