Guntersville Frog Fishing

Coming to Guntersville the week of October 20th. What suggestions for best frog and color to throw ? Fished there this past March for 1st time and loved it. Looking forward to this trip.

2. Member
    Keep it simple: Green or Black

3. Member
    Frog fishing was tough for us today, two on a black frog. 76 degree water temps but a cold front coming through should help. The grass is sparse as I’ve seen it in several years.

4. Member
    Today 10/15 the water temps were 77 in the am but got up to 80 in the pm. Better than two weeks ago at 88 but not norm for mid Oct. Much less grass than 2 weeks ago but still enough. My biggest fish today came on a vibrating jig over submerged hydrilla. Regional BFL starts Thursday with 288 boats I’m told......launching from state park. Cold fronts coming over the weekend and early next week.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post
    Today 10/15 the water temps were 77 in the am but got up to 80 in the pm. Better than two weeks ago at 88 but not norm for mid Oct. Much less grass than 2 weeks ago but still enough. My biggest fish today came on a vibrating jig over submerged hydrilla. Regional BFL starts Thursday with 288 boats I’m told......launching from state park. Cold fronts coming over the weekend and early next week.
    Gville has been hammered the last ew weekend SPO tournament an last weekend was the Big Bass Tour and Yes o BFL and next week Alabama Bass trail will be in town. Good luck

6. Member
    Going to Guntersville this Sunday to meet my 2 boys for a week of fishing. One of the reasons I quit fishing Guntersville annually and went to Okeechobee in December each fall was all the pressure. These reports are bringing back the bad memories. At least the days on the water with my sons will make it worth it no matter what. Hope I can get them on a few fish to boot to justify the air fares.

7. Member
    went yesterday....frontmoved in. frogging was not on. got a little 10 incher and that was the ONLY bite. but it may be good when oyu are down. good luck. water temp was 73. still tons of grass up in B B Comer area.

8. Member
    Thanks

9. Member
    If you want less pressure then go up the river. Not that many boats ever go past the BB comer and there are miles of grass beds and lillies up river.

10. Member
    Thanks Chass. Never been above the bridge so your point is well taken.

Went yesterday and water temp was 67....still tons of boats everywhere but no one fished on top of us. Couldn't get a topwater bite of any kind, caught one small fish flipping, one keeper on a wacky rig and some on the MJ rig. Hopefully it will get better soon. Have fun with your boys and enjoy the time together.
    09 20x3 w/Merc 250 Pro XS

12. Member
    Fished lower end today, grass is a mess and not much of it. Pulled out and went up river. From Water Front on up plenty of grass and I'd recommend going above BB Comer Bridge.