Thread: PSI gauge stuck

PSI gauge stuck

Hey folks, just had a question on here real quick...Im a newbie boat owner and i left my champ out over the winter last year (covered of course) and when i went to put it in the water the following season i found that the PSI gauge wasnt reading and was pegged over to max, just stuck there. I was told something about water in the lines residual could freeze and damage the gauge, is that true? I hate just going by the PSI gauge for knowing the engine is getting enough water through it to cool...is there any way a temp gauge can be hooked up somewhere on the powerhead? Also, is there a thermostat on an outboard motor? 2000 mercury 200 efi serial # 0T100528

2. Member
    Gauge froze and is useless now. Need to disconnect line from the gauge before freezing temps arrive. Not sure if your 200 is a 2.5L or 3L, but there are dedicated forums for both just below this one.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    ^^^+1
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................