Cooler Drainage Debris

Hey All,
    I'm in a brand new 2020 189TRX. Freaking love the boat. I've probably been behind the helm of over 50 different boats by this point in my life and this is easily the most fun!!
    On to the point of this thread. Below you should be able to see a picture of the drainhole at the bottom of my cooler. Basically, it looks kind of like some unfinished work from the factory. Kind of looks like someone drilled through some fiberglass, presumably trying to get into the bilge, presumably because the cooler is supposed to drain right into the bilge.

Just wanted to get some opinions. Seems to be draining fine. (Drained two bags of ice over a long weekend of fishing no problemo) But am I missing a little gasket or something? Seems very sloppy to have just drilled right through fiberglass like that. Should I take a spade blade to it to clean it up and try to fit a little rubber tube in there or is that just going to cause more problems? Something to take up with my dealer?

IMG_2685.jpg

2. Banned
    Mine is the same way, do you have a drain in the shelf part? Mine does not and will get you sammichs wet.

yep, looks like mine also. I have a 2008

4. Banned
    I would take a screw driver or pick and clear that debris. Should be free flowing straight in to the bilge. I had the same issue with cup holder drains smashed directly in to the foam and they wouldn't drain or drained very slow.

5. Member
    You can get a grommet that will fit that hole and clean it up. I will mention that to folks at Triton the next time I talk to them. I have had several Tritons and never remember to tell them.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    You can get a grommet that will fit that hole and clean it up. I will mention that to folks at Triton the next time I talk to them. I have had several Tritons and never remember to tell them.
    You know the little molded indented spots behind the cups holders next to the seats? On the driver side they drilled the drain hole on the wrong end. Water would just pool up in there. There were some reason genius things I had to correct on my boat.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    Tell them on the 20 models to put a drain in the shelf part of the cooler, I looked at 8 new models last weekend and not one had it.

8. Member
    Mine looks the same on my 03 tr21. Drains slow. But always drains...

9. Member
    My cooler drain hole is open with no obstructions. Picked up a rubber hole plug at Lowes for a buck and it works great to seal the cooler hole till you're ready to drain it. My sandwich tray has no drain hole either.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-0-8...e-Plug/3013260
    Jeff White
    2017 Triton 18TRX
    200 ProXS