Talon brackets and measurements.

I've been toying around with the idea of getting some 8 or 10' talons for my boat.
    I've only recently started looking in to the brackets and such for them so I'm next to clueless on them at the moment.
    I'm running a Phoenix 721 with 10" z lock so from what I've read I'd use the side mount brackets. Is that correct?

My major concern with adding them is garage fitment. I've got all the boat my garage can handle. My motor goes between the ac split unit and the water heater up against the wall and the door clears by an inch. I'm afraid if I add talons I'll hit the ac unit or water heater with the brackets.
    Does anyone have measurements for how far back the talons and brackets will set off the boat and how far over from the jackplate they stick out? If they fit my only choice is what color and length

2. Member
    Yes, you'd want the side mount brackets.

I can get some measurements for you when I get home from work today, I have a Ranger 212LS with dual 12' Talons mounted to a 8" Slide Master jack plate with side mount brackets. The brackets are adjustable so you can position them as close to your transom as you'd like, I have mine as far back from my transom as I can get them. But I can get you a measurement from the front of the bracket to the back of the Talon, that should help you to decide if they will fit. As for how far out, I can get that too, that will change a little as you pivot closer to the transom but it won't change a lot.

3. Member
    Again, my Talons are adjusted as far back as I can go. The mounting bolts on my jack plate are 4in from the transom and the back of the Talons are 26in from the transom. I could probably save 6in by adjusting the Talons straight off the jack plate and maybe a bit more if I adjust forward towards the transom. I also have tilt brackets so if you aren’t running those that’ll save you 2in from my measurements.
    The Talons are set out from the jack plate by 22in, guessing if I had them straight out from the jack plate it would be about 23in.
    I hope this helps, if you need some more measurement let me know.