Hotfoot Cleaning

First off, I guess this isn't really a restoration question but I wasn't sure where to actually pose the question. I want to clean my Hotfoot, it currently has a white oxidation buildup on it. I see that there are a lot of aluminum cleaners but i want to make sure to use something that won't stain or bleach the carpet. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Member
    Good question, curious to see some response. I was planning on taking mine apart this winter and painting/ maybe powder coating it. Maybe i'll try cleaning first.

Blast it and powder coat it
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Try a wheel cleaner designed for unpainted bare aluminium wheels and a scotchbrite pad. Buff it back out then with some never dull wadding polish.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL 2004 Mercury 200 EFI

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassnailer View Post
    Try a wheel cleaner designed for unpainted bare aluminium wheels and a scotchbrite pad. Buff it back out then with some never dull wadding polish.
    Thanks, and the wheel cleaner won't stain the carpet if it gets on it?

6. Im wishin I was fishin
    Mine had some white fuzz on the aluminum I took it out took it apart and cleaned it up with a scotch type pad on my little air angle grinder came out nice no chemicals needed