Helix 12 SI G2N - Sonar won't wake up?

This happens almost every time.

To start out, sonar, DI, SI, and 360 all work and display just fine when fishing an initial starting spot, then I decide to make a move and motor to my next area. Get there and drop the trolling motor...
    Almost every time as of late, the sonar and DI screens are not available because the sonar is not working (not from me turning it off, btw). Like it has been put to sleep and won't wake up. Checking the sonar on/off setting does not help anything as it is already showing it as "ON"... Turning that setting off and then back on, does not help either. 360 will show up ok, but will not display the depth, and I believe that SI is ok as well when this happens.

The only way to get it functioning is to completely shut down the unit and start it back up. Then it seems to fire up everything as it should...

Any suggestions?
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

2. Member
    Setting your max depth to something closer to actual depth may help. It reduces the time for it to acquire bottom. I usually just add 50' to actual depth depending on the lake. Is this happening with the latest update?
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    Kinda the same thing I posted about on my Helix 9 G3N. I will try out the depth setting deal to see if that helps. Mine will "wake up" so to say after a while, sometimes it takes 30 seconds, sometimes a couple minutes, but it will come back.

You can also just Stop Sonar when you stow the motor and then push the Power button when you deploy the motor. That way the unit won't be trying to establish the depth when the motor is stowed.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Similar to what I see except mine happens at boot up. If you can get into the sonar menus, try changing to a different connected transducer and see if it comes back.