Thread: bracket switch

bracket switch

Has anyone eve mounted talons on power pole brackets? Their is a 7 pound difference each. Can a power pole bracket support it.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    I know people who have and I know people who have bent the Power pole brackets due to the weight of the Talon.

If your going to do so I would recommend the braced brackets and you should have no problem with support.

Keep in mind the Talon deploys straight down and not out and away like a Power Pole. If the footprint is too narrow you may lose holding Power and the boat may still rotate.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasher View Post
    Has anyone eve mounted talons on power pole brackets? Their is a 7 pound difference each. Can a power pole bracket support it.
    I've heard of it being done with some unfavorable results.

I did it for a couple of months. Even with the braced brackets there is a lot flex, like boat siting in the drive way with a 30 mph wind you can watch the top of the talon vibrate.

You will also have trouble with the one of the talons (pretty sure it was port side) hitting the cowling of your motor at certain tilt/trim angles if you aren't careful. That was with a 150 pro xs so anything 200 hp and over it's going to be even worse.

5. Member
    hanks for all of the input, I just hate all of the extra weight for the talon brackets, but I guess that's why they are so beefy.
    Forum saved me money and time!! Thanks

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasher View Post
    hanks for all of the input, I just hate all of the extra weight for the talon brackets, but I guess that's why they are so beefy.
    Forum saved me money and time!! Thanks
    nobody likes the weight of the talons or there rediculious brackets...