RT 188 Running Wires

Have a "new to me " 2017 RT188 and want to run additional wiring to bow. Is there a conduit or tube to access that area ?
    Thanks for the help !

Quote Originally Posted by lukethedog View Post
    Have a "new to me " 2017 RT188 and want to run additional wiring to bow. Is there a conduit or tube to access that area ?
    Thanks for the help !
    Yes. Remove the trolling motor pedal pan and you can see the flexible conduit coming from the console.
    Remove the cup holder near the throttle to gain access to the other end.
    I find it easier to run a small fishtape wire from the bow through the conduit into area near the throttle and pull the wire back through. It is hard to reach into the area near the throttle and it is crowded.
    It is difficult to fish the wire from the throttle area up under the dash, but you just have to fight it.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    thank you Bill, you are very helpful to many here !
    I sent you a PM.
    Last edited by lukethedog; 10-09-2019 at 09:32 AM.

In Reply to your PM.

I have not installed a 4th battery for electronics, but if I was doing so I would approach it this way:
    1) I would create another locker on the Port side as described in this post.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1011322
    2) I would put the battery in a battery box with external connectors and place it under the new locker door. This gives you easy access to wiring connections and charging. I would use an AGM battery so you don’t have to worry about adding water and possible acid spills. However, I have not measured any of these items, so do not know if they will fit.

BTW: I attended a Garmin Seminar last week and was impressed with the live scope. You may consider using the 9 inch screen up front for more viewing area on the live scope.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

5. Member
    that is what I was considering with access to the battery form inside the box if the clearance allows. I have been running the LS on the 9 and really enjoy it. Thank you again for your reply.