Thread: Falcon cara?

Falcon cara?

Is this model done looking for reaction swim jig model out of stock everywhere and all other cara models?

2. Member
    Not long ago the "word on the street" was that Falcon was done making any more Cara rods however, if you periodically keep checking online sites (like TW) that carry Falcon rods, you will see that the Cara rods, especially the ST version, are still being produced. Albeit at a much slower pace than previously. I cannot comment about the Reaction series of that rod but I do have the MMC ST version of that rod and it is definitely worth the extra coin over the T7 series.

sent you a pm.
    Last edited by JohnD.; 10-09-2019 at 11:11 AM.

4. Member
    It's because they're moving all manufacturing overseas...I called falcon a few months ago and confronted them about the move. They would not give me an answer, and I asked CS three times

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nowakezone View Post
    It's because they're moving all manufacturing overseas...I called falcon a few months ago and confronted them about the move. They would not give me an answer, and I asked CS three times
    they have been moving overseas for the last year or so. The last I heard the only 2 rods still made here was the Cara and Jason Christie line but I am sure they will be gone also before long if they have not already been moved.

6. Member
    I still have a couple of the older Cara rods and love them. I went to replace with new ones and they are not the same rod. Call them and after I finding talked with someone that answer my question was told they had changed. Now they have stopped making them.
    Its a sad day.

7. Ryan Morott
    So if I’m able to find few caras new prolly should go ahead grab them then

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Morott View Post
    So if I’m able to find few caras new prolly should go ahead grab them then
    If that's what you like , I would.

9. Member
    Are the experts as good as the caras?

10. Banned
    I only have one Expert in 7’hvy. The action seems just a little softer but I think it has better sensitivity than my Cara rods. It’s only one rod but I think it’s a winner for sure.

11. Ryan Morott
    The two experts I have so far been impressed with 6”11 frog rod and 7’6 dragger/heavy cover jig rod it makes real nice Carolina rig rod. I wish could find another cara reaction medium cranker prolly one my favorites

Quote Originally Posted by AMSDJS View Post
    Not long ago the "word on the street" was that Falcon was done making any more Cara rods however, if you periodically keep checking online sites (like TW) that carry Falcon rods, you will see that the Cara rods, especially the ST version, are still being produced. Albeit at a much slower pace than previously. I cannot comment about the Reaction series of that rod but I do have the MMC ST version of that rod and it is definitely worth the extra coin over the T7 series.
    I was just looking at Tackle Warehouse, and they're only listing a few models of Caras, both the ST versions and the older, regular split grip ones. I sure hope this doesn't mean they're done, but I'm willing to bet they are.
    I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

13. Member
    another corporate greed story.
    Add them to the boycot list.
    "No man stands taller than one who stoops to help a child"

14. Member
    ARE THE NEW EXPERTS AND LOWRIDERS NICE RODS ANYONE HAVE EXPERIANCE?