Question upgrade all electronics

Ready to upgrade all my electronics and wondering about transducers and trolling motor. I have a gen2 and gen3 hds now and will replace with 12" Live units one at the bow and one at the helm. Not sure on trolling motor but it will be either a Ghost or Ultrex. Have not heard that the Ghost does anything the Ultrex will not do, although changing of cone style transducers is really cool. What transducers will be optium for this setup as I want to use Livesight in front of me, be able to see bottom on plane, and SI/DI as well. Thank you

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by w-r-g View Post
    1. Have not heard that the Ghost does anything the Ultrex will not do, although changing of cone style transducers is really cool.
    2. What transducers will be optium for this setup as I want to use Livesight in front of me, be able to see bottom on plane, and SI/DI as well. Thank you
    1. Try to network Ultrex to your HDS to see something the Ultrex will not do. ;)
    2. I`m assuming we are looking at a bassboat here. I would use a 2 in 1 or StructureScan 3D combined with a Y-cable and PD-WBL to channel 2 on the Live, and a Airmar TM150M or TM165HW to Channel 1 on the consol-unit. Up front I would use whatever the Ghost is delivered with, and LiveSight if Lowrance fixes the software for it. Personally I prefer LiveSight mounted on a stick and not on the TM.

3. Member
    If you want to do cmap-genesis bottom composition/vegetation mapping: you cannot do that with the Airmar tm150m. You need a 200 kHz Transducer.