What parts are recommended for 3 helix 12 mega SI units?

I have a chance to get 3 helix 12's gen 2 mega SI head unis only.
    I want to run SI on the bow. What xducer is recommended? I know I need a switch correct? There is only 1 switch correct? I need power cables, Ethernet cables, and possible extension cables? Also what xducer is recommended for the transom? It will be mounted to a jackplate. I do have an ultrex so do I need anything special to hook up so that I can go to waypoint, make my own maps, etc? Am I missing anything.

I currently have an 1198 and a 958 so this new technology is a little crazy to me.

Thanks guys
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

For three or more units to share data, you need the AS ETH 5PXG Ethernet Switch.
    The Helix units need an Ethernet adapter cable to connect an Ethernet cable to them----AS EC QDE
    Then you would need three Ethernet cables to connect each display to the SwitchThe standard SI transducer for the G2N models is thetransom XM 9 20 MSI T, it can be used on the transom or trolling motor. For the trolling motor substitute XM with XTM---same transducer with different mount.

If you using a shoot-thru 2D transducer in the bilge, you can use the same one with the Helix (XP 9 20), the Y cable would be different--9 M SIDBY

Your Ultrex would have to be the iPilot LINK model to connect to the units. LINK is an Ethernet connection and the LINK motors come with a 30' Ethernet extension cable.

IF you want accurate mapping with Auto Chart Live, you need an external GPS antenna at the transom. That can be one of the GPS antennas you have.
    Helix units have internal GPS antennas.

If you want, you can use the current transducers with HW CHIRP 2D sonar. The G2N models got software to make them compatible with the Minnkota built-in MEGA DI and MEGA SI transducers.
    The transom SI transducer is XM 9 HW MSI T (suitable for transom and trolling motor), and shoot-thru is XP 9 HW.
    Same deal with the included mount, XM transom and XTM trolling motor.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    You will most likely need extra battery power to run three 12s.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DougL58 View Post
    You will most likely need extra battery power to run three 12s.

Are you meaning a bigger cranking battery or a seperate battery forthe graphs? I just put a monster cranking battery in the boat a month ago. Can you give a little more insight as to the power drain? I never thought of that. I want to do it right the first time for sure.

Thanks
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    For three or more units to share data, you need the AS ETH 5PXG Ethernet Switch.
    The Helix units need an Ethernet adapter cable to connect an Ethernet cable to them----AS EC QDE
    Then you would need three Ethernet cables to connect each display to the SwitchThe standard SI transducer for the G2N models is thetransom XM 9 20 MSI T, it can be used on the transom or trolling motor. For the trolling motor substitute XM with XTM---same transducer with different mount.

If you using a shoot-thru 2D transducer in the bilge, you can use the same one with the Helix (XP 9 20), the Y cable would be different--9 M SIDBY

Your Ultrex would have to be the iPilot LINK model to connect to the units. LINK is an Ethernet connection and the LINK motors come with a 30' Ethernet extension cable.

IF you want accurate mapping with Auto Chart Live, you need an external GPS antenna at the transom. That can be one of the GPS antennas you have.
    Helix units have internal GPS antennas.

If you want, you can use the current transducers with HW CHIRP 2D sonar. The G2N models got software to make them compatible with the Minnkota built-in MEGA DI and MEGA SI transducers.
    The transom SI transducer is XM 9 HW MSI T (suitable for transom and trolling motor), and shoot-thru is XP 9 HW.
    Same deal with the included mount, XM transom and XTM trolling motor.

Thanks Wayne,

So am I correct in saying that with the new software update available for the g2's that I can have the best 2d sonar that hummingbird has right now? Also the only difference between the g2's and g3's would be the extended frequency range?

As far as a shoot threw ducer, how hard or critical is the placement to get it correct. I have heard things such as grinding the hull to make sure it is perfectly flat. Or is the key just to make sure of no air bubbles and a big wad of epoxy?
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

6. Member
    I think this may depend on your usage and other items running of the cranking battery. Tournament fishing, running live wells all day and other electric devices should be considered. I have 2 Helix 10 G2Ns, a small Lowrance and run livewells all day. My Northstar AGM Marine group 31 has no problem. The 12s will take much more than the 10s I think but a monster battery may suffice.