Question about older LCF-1440

I have added a side imaging unit at the console, but due to the stepdowns at the transom of the boat, cannot maintain bottom reading at any location I have tried. I have an older LCF-1440 mounted at the console, probably came with the boat. It has a thruhull transducer. I would like to use this unit for bottom reading while on plane, but it has stopped working correctly.
    The boat is a 96 Javelin 379SE.
    The unit I have added is a Garmin Echomap 93SV.
    I have not yet tried to look into its wiring or anything else yet, just wanted to get some opinions from you guys.
    When I turn the unit on, it just flashed 60'. It powers on fine, but does not read anything but 60'.
    Is this a unit or transducer problem?
    Could it just be a wiring problem?
    If the unit is bad, do you think the transducer is good?
    If this unit is bad, is there any other unit that would replace this one and use the same transducer?

Thanks for any inputs or ideas you guys may have.

Bardcard

2. Member
    You are using a Garmin-transducer on the Echomap, and you are on water when testing it?
    If it is a Garmin shoot-through transducer, you did test it in the hull before mounting it?

3. Member
    Two totally separate units. Lowrance has shoot thru transducer, Garmin has side view transducer mounted on transom.

4. Member
    Sounds like a transducer issue. Are you sure there actually is a transducer in the bilge?

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member
    Yes, there is a transducer. This unit did work for some time, but quit functioning.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Mine was acting up until I put water in the bilge. My boat has a.transducer pocket the 1440 ducer sits in. Water helped mine
    www.bassboatelectronics.com

2008 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Merc 250 Pro XS

Knoxville, TN

7. Member
    Will look and see if there is a pocket where the transducer is.
    Thanks Chad2002xrd.