364V seat restoration question.........

I have an 88 364V we just picked up thats going to be a winter restoration project. The boat/motor run fine, but the carpet is gone. The boat also needs a good color sand and buff. The bench seat is also toast. Does anyone have pics or a possible link to info on converting a bench to buckets in a 364? I think I know how I'd like to build a platform with a back for the buckets to ride on, but I'd like to see some other conversions, if possible. Thanks in advance!

Can you share a pic of your bench seat? My 362 has the bench but I would like to replace with bucket seats too. I can remove the seat cushion part but stumped on how to remove the backrest of the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Rig View Post
    Can you share a pic of your bench seat? My 362 has the bench but I would like to replace with bucket seats too. I can remove the seat cushion part but stumped on how to remove the backrest of the bench.
    Sure thing. It’ll be tomorrow before I can get a daylight pic though. It’ll likely be dark before I get back to the house today.

I've done this on 2 boats, a 372 and a 205. Somewhat the same except the 372 had a platform under the seat and the 205 I had to build one. Here's a link that may give you some insight.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....382&highlight=

I've since added a coin box from bassboatseats.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wmitch2; 10-09-2019 at 03:30 PM.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    I've done this on 2 boats, a 372 and a 205. Somewhat the same except the 372 had a platform under the seat and the 205 I had to build one. Here's a link that may give you some insight.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....382&highlight=

I've since added a coin box from bassboatseats.com
    Thanks for the insight. Very nice finished product!

6. Member
    @ TexasRig My 362V has buckets with a handrail and drinkholder next to each seat on the inboard side. The seats appear to be aftermarket, but the rails look like factory.

Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    @ TexasRig My 362V has buckets with a handrail and drinkholder next to each seat on the inboard side. The seats appear to be aftermarket, but the rails look like factory.
    If you could post some pics of your 362, it may help both me and bassn5150. IIRC certain 300 & 400 series boats had bench seat or split fold down seats options. The handrail & cup holders were factory with the split seats.

bassn5150,

Does the bench sat in your 364 look like this? I hope the pic shows up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

bassn5150,

Does the bench sat in your 364 look like this? I hope the pic shows up.
    Yes, it does. My seat and back rest were really ragged and just kind of floating in position. But, by the way it looks, I’d say the bottom pops up first (from the front) and then the back lifts straight up. My thinking was to try and use the fiberglass seat pan for the bottom by cutting a piece of plywood to fit the pan for added strength and then wrapping with carpet. May can do the same with the back piece. We’ll see.

I've removed the seat portion. You have to push on the front of the seat towards the backrest rest to clear the clips that hold it in place. I have tried moving the backrest but its in there solid. There has to be some anchor bolts or screws somewhere, I just haven't figured out where they are. I need to replace the fuel lines to the tanks but I will need to remove the backrest section to do it. It would be a good time to change over to bucket seats. I have no cushion left in my seat. I hope you figure it out.

I've removed the seat portion. You have to push on the front of the seat towards the backrest rest to clear the clips that hold it in place. I have tried moving the backrest but its in there solid. There has to be some anchor bolts or screws somewhere, I just haven't figured out where they are. I need to replace the fuel lines to the tanks but I will need to remove the backrest section to do it. It would be a good time to change over to bucket seats. I have no cushion left in my seat. I hope you figure it out.
    There are two studs w/nuts on the back rest. The best description would be they are toward the top of what would be the armrest section of the back piece. One on each side. Like yours, my foam is basically gone. So, it’s kind of a rebuild from the ground up.

12. Member
    @ Texas Rig Finally remembered to take a picUntitled2.png

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    @ Texas Rig Finally remembered to take a picUntitled2.png
    Yes, that is factory or the split seat option. An yes, those seats are not factory, the vinyl would have been either diamond stich like my bench seat or roll tuck. Thanks for sharing!
    BTW - I'm sending you a PM for a sidebar discussion.