Solid green on port pp blade

So a few weeks ago, I had a solid green on my port side blade pole. Next day both worked fine; so thought huh? This past weekend solid green returned to same pole. So today got new circuit board from JL, and it does same thing. Both boards work properly when put into starboard motor. Have checked wiring, fuses, and all is good. I even tried to download app and use it, but it won’t connect to port side pole. Any ideas beyond just calling customer service again tomorrow??
    would like to have two poles for bfl regional this coming week, but not looking good right now. Thanks!
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Are we talking about Cm1.0 or CM2.0?
    If CM1.0 did Power Pole send a new HPU Cap with the new board?

During Solid Green light does the pole function?
    How long does the solid green light stay on for?

3. Member
    CM2, no function of port pole at all, starboard works fine. Green light comes on solid the second power is turned on, and stays on indefinitely. Also no music. I put the circuit board in right pole motor, and it functioned correctly. Leaning towards must be in the motor housing.
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick2268 View Post
    CM2, no function of port pole at all, starboard works fine. Green light comes on solid the second power is turned on, and stays on indefinitely. Also no music. I put the circuit board in right pole motor, and it functioned correctly. Leaning towards must be in the motor housing.
    Interesting, This is a new one however this is how I would handle it.

1st, Are you connected direct to the battery or are the pumps being powered by a Master on off switch? If so check the rating on the switch. If you only have both pumps going to the switch the switch needs to be rated for 80amps minimum. If you have more items going to the switch in addition to the pumps then the switch would need to be rated to carry the total load...

2nd, Remove the board from the HPU. Probe the two holes that the board plugs into and take a reading. Check for low voltage.

If the first to check out then it is a motor. Would be the first motor I have seen fail but anything is possible.. Contact Power Pole for new motor. I carry them but you have already started with them for warranty.

NOTE: If you can when probing the positive and negative holes shake the wires and see if you get any fluctuation. If you do then search for the bad connection, check inline fuse etc.

Report back with finding so we know whats up.

Rich 954-917-0634

5. Member
    Ahh yep checking the actual voltage in the holes was the one thing I didn’t check last night. Checked all wiring, and the fuse. It was all rigged at Ranger, and all has worked fine up until this. One more thing; I notice on the c monster app on my phone, it doesn’t want to connect to that pole.

6. Member
    Soooo....it turned out to be a ground issue at the battery. Even though I was getting 13.25 volts on meter, a test light from + to ground failed to light up. Quickly found connection issue at battery.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Good deal. Glad you found it and we were not parts swapping to much and chasing our tail! Good luck in your event!

Rich

8. Member
    Having the same issue on the port side, 2.0. Starboard works from the console and bow foot buttons, port works from neither. First set of poles, and the way it is buried behind the charger I haven't ventured back there yet, and have never messed with the units. Both units blinking green. Mine are connected to the battery switch that is on Ranger, ground wires directly to battery. Disconnected from battery and reconnected, checked inline fuses. Here is what might be different, on the console control when I select right, left, or both....no matter which I select the starboard deploys, even if I select port only.
    Are the lights supposed to blink green or solid?
    Since both appear to be getting power is this a control connection?
    Motor? With it getting power and the starboard deploying when selecting port it makes me think it's a control reset. ????

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Lights on pump blink green , sounds like need to reprogram all your switches you need to push and hold both program buttons at same time (both pumps) till you hear audible beep then push the down button on remote (or foot switches) your programming. Repeat for the up this will be the same for all remotes/foot switches. Any questions id be happy to help. Text me for fastest service 607 221 3480
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 10-22-2019 at 11:20 PM.

10. Member
    Will do...Thank you