To use or not to use, VMC Crankbait snaps on Topwater baits?

So I just saw a post/video about using a VMC Crankbait snap attached to a small 2' mono/fluoro leader on Topwater baits. I never have used a Mono/Fluoro leader attached to my Braid, muchless adding a snap. Says it allows the baits freedom of movement between the fluoro or Mono and plus the snap and obviously its quicker than retying everytime you change baits or colors and etc, esp if its just a 2' leader, ya won't be able to retie many times, due to the short leader. Is this something worth trying or is it just another gimmick? I would only be using these on my topwater set-up, as I use whopper ploppers, Torpedoes and an occasional walking style bait.

2. Member
    No leader, just a cross lock snap. Freer movement, and on walking baits, stops you from slowly cutting the line at the eye, due to jerking the knot left and right on the bait eye.

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I use a snap when I’m not sure what I’m going to throw and it’s never hampered me. I don’t do leaders, so its either 40lb 832 or 12lb Trilene Big Game. If I’m in someone else’s boat and am limited to 4 rods I’ll put snaps on a couple “do it all” rods, never had a problem. I can see them giving more free movement on a walking bait, but not with braid since it’s so free swinging anyway.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV