Is it possible getting new triton gauges?

Got a 2017 189 trx and wanting a water pressure gauge put on it which not sure why it ain’t got one to begin with but was wondering if it’s possibld getting the gauges like what’s in the bigger tritons thats got two gauges in one of the bigger size gauge to make room for the water pressure gauge? I’d assume they’d work as long as they get wired up for them

2. Member
    I'd start by calling your dealer and seeing if they can do anything for you. Here's a YT video I found of someone putting a water pressure gauge on a bay boat.
    But generally, I can't imagine why the answer would be "no". All gauges are actually manufactured by other parties and just installed at the factory

Have you considered a smartcraft mercmonitor guage in place of your speedo or tach? You will get far more info from that one gauge than any other setup. Water pressure and temp fuel usage info oil pressure and fault info just off the top of my head.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Have you considered a smartcraft mercmonitor guage in place of your speedo or tach? You will get far more info from that one gauge than any other setup. Water pressure and temp fuel usage info oil pressure and fault info just off the top of my head.
    Any idea what that cost approximately?

5. Banned
    It would be cheaper getting a Mercury Vessel View mobile. You can monitor everything a SmartCraft can for less. If you don't mind using your phone to do it. Get a phone mount and stick it to your speedo.

Plus it's plug and play, works over bluetooth. No need to run wires.

Quote Originally Posted by KY Grant View Post
    Any idea what that cost approximately?
    I got my mercmonitor level 1 kit with everything needed for installation including digital water pressure sender for $730ish to the door.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

7. Member
    I agree with you, don't understand why my new 2020 TRX189 doesn't have a water pressure gauge either. Didn't even notice that originally but now it bugs me. i always liked to monitor my water pressure without spending hundreds of dollars more to do so. Why no gauge is my question if someone can chime in and explain! Thank you

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    I agree with you, don't understand why my new 2020 TRX189 doesn't have a water pressure gauge either. Didn't even notice that originally but now it bugs me. i always liked to monitor my water pressure without spending hundreds of dollars more to do so. Why no gauge is my question if someone can chime in and explain! Thank you
    The combo gauges only come on the tournament package for the 3 digit boats and are standard on the 2 digit boats. I don't have them on my 18XS either. When I bought my BassBoatTech console mount I had Van add a 2" hole to it so I could mount a pressure gauge.

It's kind of a PITA running the tube to the engine, then cobbling together a reducer fitting to mate the gauge tubing to the motor tubing. But it works.

Now I just use my phone and Mercury Vessel View Mobile to monitor everything that a SmartCraft gauge does. And it only cost my $150 when Mercury was running a special on them. Plug and play on the engine harness, zip tied in place. Done. Don't have to run any wires or tubing, nothing. I have a head duty x-lock phone mount that I stick to the speedo gauge.