Guys that fish saltwater

Do you get any salt deposits on your jackplate or rust on your stainless prop? Im wondering of I have some electrolysis going on or if I just have normal salt residue on my bay boat.

2. mikesxpress
    None on my Z21 Intracoastal and it gets brackish to full saltwater baths all year.

Your zinc's are all intact? I routinely use a stainless wire bush/dust mask and clean mine to keep maximum active surface area exposed. Don't breath that stuff!
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 10-12-2019 at 07:35 AM.

3. Member
    Ran a saltwater boat for years 22’ Pathfinder, the key is not to let the salt dry on any part of your rig.
    making sure all anodes are there, and I used a product called (Salt Away) on boat, trailer and engine flush.
    No matter what fresh water wash and rinse thoroughly after using the boat. Salt does some nasty corrosion to a rig

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    None on my Z21 Intracoastal and it gets brackish to full saltwater baths all year.

Your zinc's are all intact? I routinely use a stainless wire bush/dust mask and clean mine to keep maximum active surface area exposed. Don't breath that stuff!
    zincs are only a coulple months old and the suit case handle zinc is getting ate up pretty good...also getting some tiny white spots on the atlas..they taste like salt. Prop is getting some whitish residue on one blade and little rust spots on the tips. Just trying to figure out if its galvanic corrossion or stray current.

5. mikesxpress
    Then I would be checking for current.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Then I would be checking for current.
    I was looking over some schematic stuff...I may be missing the ground jumper from bat 2 to the cranker...I'll check when I get home.
    Thanks Mike

Also check your trolling mota....if water is getting in it it will cause what you’re seeing fast. 2 customers this year with this issue.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Also check your trolling mota....if water is getting in it it will cause what you’re seeing fast. 2 customers this year with this issue.
    Ok...will do...thanks!