Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    So many rules, if you are trying to cheat. Confusing.

A guy could think he is effectively cheating, then later find out he wasn’t cheating at all.

That would be really disappointing, especially if you didn’t place in the money.
    LMAO

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    So now as part of our bass fishing tournaments "have to haves" is a $70,000 bass boat, a $50,000 truck, a $25,000 Tracker tin rig and a $25,000 tin tunnel hull... I mean who can't afford all that to chase the dream???... Not to mention at least 8 weeks of vacation, gas, food and lodging money, and oh yeah the $2000 per tournament entry fees... All that before we start talking about 20-30 rod reel combos at about $400 a piece, 100's of bag of Senkos at $8.00 a bag, 100' of spinner baits at $5.00 a pop, crank baits, jerk baits at $10 a pop, $25 for a few extra spools of line. On top of all that we also have to worry about all that and some guy sinking green brush piles... Damn I'm taking up putt putt golf... Dan
    Don't forget the waterproof chain saw.
    Tracker Panfish 16

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderhold View Post
    Angler X - remember that guy? A lot people accused him of cheating but nobody had any hard proof from what I am aware. To call your shot of catching a 5lbr on a boat dock in big tournament on Lake Martin was pretty ballsy. Legend has it, he had a brother that had a rebreather.
    they had all the proof needed. Just could not prove he dropped the item in question as opposed to h someone else. So called plausible deniability crap.. no rebreather required, lol
    Last edited by munchie; 10-10-2019 at 06:37 AM.

Anyone remember Blake from here??? He had to be legit

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    So is it cheating if you cut trees out in a creek so you can go further up the creek the day before a tournament? I'm asking for a friend.Attachment 379397
    It's better to get to a creek first and cut a tree down behind you so no one else can get in there, then cut it out of your way when you you leave ... if anyone see's you cutting your way out, tell them you always keep a chainsaw in the boat just in case by chance a tree was to ever fall trapping you inside a creek.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaderhold View Post
    Angler X - remember that guy? A lot people accused him of cheating but nobody had any hard proof from what I am aware. To call your shot of catching a 5lbr on a boat dock in big tournament on Lake Martin was pretty ballsy. Legend has it, he had a brother that had a rebreather.
    Who and when was this? I’ve never heard anything about it?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    I can’t remember his name, but as I remember it, he was allegedly keeping fish in 2 laundry basket type containers connected to crest enclosures and then cutting an X into the top of them so he could cast into the basket, hook the fish, then pull the fish out of the basket as if he really caught it. That’s how he could call his shots. He knew exactly where to cast to land in the basket and the X he cut into the basket is also how he got is nickname “Angler X”.

I think that’s the rumor. Someone correct me if I’m flat out wrong or combining a couple of different rumors into one.

edit: I’m pretty sure his name was Tony Christianson. Christianson got banned from FLW for sure and I’m pretty sure he is “Angler X”.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dabassking View Post
    I can’t remember his name, but as I remember it, he was allegedly keeping fish in 2 laundry basket type containers connected to crest enclosures and then cutting an X into the top of them so he could cast into the basket, hook the fish, then pull the fish out of the basket as if he really caught it. That’s how he could call his shots. He knew exactly where to cast to land in the basket and the X he cut into the basket is also how he got is nickname “Angler X”.

I think that’s the rumor. Someone correct me if I’m flat out wrong or combining a couple of different rumors into one.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=934706&page=3

just wait for mike longs book. should be out soon.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    So now as part of our bass fishing tournaments "have to haves" is a $70,000 bass boat, a $50,000 truck, a $25,000 Tracker tin rig and a $25,000 tin tunnel hull... I mean who can't afford all that to chase the dream???... Not to mention at least 8 weeks of vacation, gas, food and lodging money, and oh yeah the $2000 per tournament entry fees... All that before we start talking about 20-30 rod reel combos at about $400 a piece, 100's of bag of Senkos at $8.00 a bag, 100' of spinner baits at $5.00 a pop, crank baits, jerk baits at $10 a pop, $25 for a few extra spools of line. On top of all that we also have to worry about all that and some guy sinking green brush piles... Damn I'm taking up putt putt golf... Dan

The tin rig will prolly cover all your needs. just get the biggest motor you can. Saved you tons of money too. Youre welcome.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc575 View Post
    The tin rig will prolly cover all your needs. just get the biggest motor you can. Saved you tons of money too. Youre welcome.
    I ain't slummin' in a tin rig while all the others are whizzing by me in their sparkling bass catching rigs... Dan

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    https://www.azbasszone.com/forums/sh...#/topics/27650

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix5252 View Post
    My grandad had a lake house for years. He had a friend that got him some stuff that killed all the grass around his dock. He was a boater not a fisherman. So I would take some every year and make “holes” where the thick grass was growing. It took weeks for it to work, but I hadbsome awesome days fishin those holes. My theory is the fish would feed better because they had room to chase their prey. Whatever the reason, I saw a lot of people fishing all around in thatvthick grass and never saw them catch near as many as I did in “the holes”. I didn’t fish tournies and this was years ago, but I don’t see how this would be illegal if you could find something to kill the grass that was legal. I’m pretty sure the stuff he bought was. Under the table and not for sale to the public. The friend he got it from was hiree by certain groups to help kill grass in certain areas of the lake and around public Ramps. In today’s world, would this be legal? Assuming the Chrystal’s or whatever you put out were legal??
    Actually yes in your case you would probably get ticketed for it. The product you most likely used was Aquathol K which is perfectly legal to use for controlling aquatic vegetation and a fair amount of homeowners on guntersville apply around their docks if they want more plant control than the TVA contractors provide. but WHERE you used it was most likely not legal. If you applied it to an area on Guntersville not directly around YOUR dock i think that would be considered TVA property and you would be in some trouble. None of the registered aquatic herbicides are restricted and all can be purchased by the public, but the public just cant go out and use them on public water bodies.. thats a big no no. But with that being said when I fished guntersville a fair amount I used to fish the TVA contracted treatment areas a lot (along the perimeter of the shore for residential/commercial property owners). They get posted with signage so they are easy find, and I would always catch fish because 95% of bass fishermen would see the signage and have the "it was sprayed no fish here mentality" but realistically it would create ambush points in the vegetation and there was zero fishing pressure. Easy pickings

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass_prodigy75 View Post
    Actually yes in your case you would probably get ticketed for it. The product you most likely used was Aquathol K which is perfectly legal to use for controlling aquatic vegetation and a fair amount of homeowners on guntersville apply around their docks if they want more plant control than the TVA contractors provide. but WHERE you used it was most likely not legal. If you applied it to an area on Guntersville not directly around YOUR dock i think that would be considered TVA property and you would be in some trouble. None of the registered aquatic herbicides are restricted and all can be purchased by the public, but the public just cant go out and use them on public water bodies.. thats a big no no. But with that being said when I fished guntersville a fair amount I used to fish the TVA contracted treatment areas a lot (along the perimeter of the shore for residential/commercial property owners). They get posted with signage so they are easy find, and I would always catch fish because 95% of bass fishermen would see the signage and have the "it was sprayed no fish here mentality" but realistically it would create ambush points in the vegetation and there was zero fishing pressure. Easy pickings
    That's brilliant idea. Ive never even thought of that, but no one ever fishes where the red signs are.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catchatoad View Post
    The leaves are a hindrance to attracting fish... my bet it most leaves were stripped off before sicking the piles.
    Back when I used to put in brushpiles I cut willow limbs. Never stripped the leaves.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678