NE Texas report / update

Here in NE Texas we have had our first cool front arrive this week. Prior to yesterday the surface water temps have been in the mid 80's. The fishing has been good on steep banks early and out in 15 ft of water on points. The lakes around here have suffered due to the lack of rain. Most have dropped 1.5 to 2 feet. The fact that we have not had any rain has led to clearer waters even in the upper ends of the lakes. Lots of grasses took root later than normal this year. Lily pads looked like they were gone, and just in the last month they started sprouting up everywhere. Depending on the lake, you could find lots of hydrilla, or not much at all.

Fish have been on a cycle of just hitting what is moving, to not hitting anything except what you would not ever try. That being said, I caught a day when they were not going to hit anything like they did on my previous trips. So, I picked up a Merthiolate (spelling??) trick worm and found that is what they were looking for. Link below...

And a few days back I hit them just junk fishing and they were hitting just about anything that moved. S. Baits, Chuggers, swim baits, and hollow bodied frogs.....

It has been a long hot summer. When it stopped raining, it stopped. These next few weeks will be great with the lower temps. Headed into the best season of all now.

Better Luck Next Time !!!
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar

Hope you are correct!!!!