Thread: Killeen area

Killeen area

My son and his wife are moving to the Killeen area this month and they have the nerve to take our 2 yr old grandson with them. We're not looking to move in the near future, but I'm not sure how long my wife and I can stand being that far away from them.

How's the fishing at Stillhouse Hollow and Belton? We lived in Round Rock 30 yrs ago and fished the highland lakes plus Granger and Decker Lake. I never made it up to Stillhouse Hollow at that time.
    Tracker Panfish 16

2. Banned
    I know no about stillhouse but know enough about Belton that I struggle there. Someone will chime in on info from the area and may be able to help you out.

3. Member
    Belton and stillhouse are very good lakes for bass fishing. Belton has a lot of smallmouth. Still house is very clear with tons of grass and better quality than belton. I catch more #'s at belton than stillhouse.

4. Banned
    My kids and grandkids are in that area. When we go out for a visit, we use a guide for a 4 hour trip. Last trip, 10/04, we hauled in 140 fish on Belton.

5. Member
    Thanks everyone for the info. Looks like we'll be moving next summer.
    Tracker Panfish 16

6. Member
    Son-in-law was stationed at Hood for three years and two of my granddaughters were born there. We fished Stillhouse on most trips over to see the grand kids and the lake is quite impressive. We caught fish just about every trip regardless of the time of year. He and a partner won a single day tournament with over 26 lbs. I fished it when the level was severely low and also after a 10-12 rise in lake level. Spot-lock really helps as most of the larger fish are caught in deeper water pockets around submerged dead trees. Only fished Belton once and the trip was enjoyable. Good luck and after you've spent some time on the lake, you'll catch fish.