Controls wiring help

Posted this on the Merc 2.5 forum as well but thought some of you guys may know.

I'm in the middle of restoring a boat and need a little help, learning as I go. I purchased new controls (PN 881170A15, 8pin connector) which I will be going to a 1992 150 XR6 (sorry I don't have the serial number, sticker has been painted over, if anyone can tell me where to find it on the block that would be great).

The motor side I have figured out (wiring and shifter/throttle cables) What I'm having trouble with is the tach harness pigtail at the control box. I've searched for a diagram and can't seem to find the one I need. The pigtail (pic) has a 5 pin plug with Black, Purple, Gray, Brown/White (I've been told this is the Tach sender), Tan/blue wires and then there are 4 loose wires...Red, Tan, Green/White, Blue/White.

The only gauges I will be installing are Tach, Trim, Water Pressure and Jackplate. I've got the Water Pressure and Jackplate figured out. My assumption is that the pigtail will be wires for the Tach and the Trim gauge but am unsure as to what colors go where. Can anyone either please tell me or point me in the direction of a diagram. Is there another harness I need to get for the 5 pin plug? Thanks

IMG_20191008_083456150.jpg

3. Member
    Yep, someone from the other board sent me that as well and I got it all figured out. Thanks