Thumbs Up I love video game fishing for smallmouth

There's some incredibly satisfying about finding the fish, marking them, and getting them to bite during the late summer pattern. Went up to my favorite place, Newfound Lake in the lakes region of NH, to do some end of summer deep water smallie extraction before the transition to the fall pattern started. Getting better at catching those suspended fish, but I still have a long way to go.

2. Banned
    Where was the deep water action? Have you tried fishing in 60 or 70 feet for suspending bass?

Gonna try to do some tomorrow. Deepest I've gotten fish is 37'. Fun but challenging as hell.
    I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroVanDam View Post
    Where was the deep water action? Have you tried fishing in 60 or 70 feet for suspending bass?
    Hey that bluff wall we were fishing along the road, we were in 50-60 feet of water. That spot is insanely steep, you could put the nose of my 19-1/2 boat on the shore, then go stand on the back and be over 20-30 feet of water depending where along that bank you are. We actually did search a few spots on that lake in the 70-ish foot range but came up empty that day. Not sure if we just didn't have the right areas or if they just weren't that deep at that point. Kind of a weird day all in all.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chefdlh1972 View Post
    Gonna try to do some tomorrow. Deepest I've gotten fish is 37'. Fun but challenging as hell.
    You may not have to go that deep anymore. I was just up on Waukeewan this past Sunday, and while definitely nowhere near as deep as Newfound or the other big lakes there, the water was already at 61 degrees and all of the bass and bait had moved up into the 10-20 foot areas chasing perch in/around grass. They may still be deep on the bigger lakes, but don't rule out those shallower depths where you can find grass and/or rock piles.

6. Banned
    Try out deep on Squam. I heard that the smelt are back with a vengeance. 40-70 feet. Try off the shore of Kent Island towards the middle. Y/W

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroVanDam View Post
    Try out deep on Squam. I heard that the smelt are back with a vengeance. 40-70 feet. Try off the shore of Kent Island towards the middle. Y/W
    That's something I've been meaning to do. I didn't get up there once last year or this year yet. Not sure I will either to be honest, going to spend some more time on Newfound the next few weeks.

Nice video Snover.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    Nice video Snover.
    Thanks Tim!

Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    Hey that bluff wall we were fishing along the road, we were in 50-60 feet of water. That spot is insanely steep, you could put the nose of my 19-1/2 boat on the shore, then go stand on the back and be over 20-30 feet of water depending where along that bank you are. We actually did search a few spots on that lake in the 70-ish foot range but came up empty that day. Not sure if we just didn't have the right areas or if they just weren't that deep at that point. Kind of a weird day all in all.
    I've caught fish on a jerkbait on that bluff in the summer. I feel like they'll move up and down on that thing throughout the year.
    I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chefdlh1972 View Post
    I've caught fish on a jerkbait on that bluff in the summer. I feel like they'll move up and down on that thing throughout the year.
    Great spot when you get crazy fluctuating temps. The baitfish stack up all over it. Quick/easy way to figure out what depth the bait are holding up in, and helps paint a clearer picture for the rest of the lake.

12. Member
    They were on the wall last weekend buy i found them shallow. There were some deep, but they didn't want to play.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FTMS View Post
    They were on the wall last weekend buy i found them shallow. There were some deep, but they didn't want to play.
    Been finding the same issue the last few trips for some of these deeper fish. I can get them to swing back around and look at the bait, but no matter what I'm throwing at them, dead sticking it or making it dance, I can't get the vast majority of them to bite. Gotta start playing around with some different baits.

14. Member
    I also love video gaming for smallies. Livescope took all that to the next level for me, I hardly look up from my graphs now.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    Been finding the same issue the last few trips for some of these deeper fish. I can get them to swing back around and look at the bait, but no matter what I'm throwing at them, dead sticking it or making it dance, I can't get the vast majority of them to bite. Gotta start playing around with some different baits.
    There was a small tournament there last Sunday so i didn't spend a lot of time there trying to leave it open for people that actually needed to catch some. I went looking for new and different places.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DubyaDee View Post
    I also love video gaming for smallies. Livescope took all that to the next level for me, I hardly look up from my graphs now.
    There's a part of me that REALLY wants to get livescope...but after spending all day in a boat with 360 Imaging this past weekend, I think I'd rather have that. Still, Livescope is pretty amazing.

17. Banned
    . Just a little deeper. But when you find these out deeper, it's game on.

Thanks for sharing