Lake Shelbyville

What can anyone tell me about the bass at Shelbyville right now. I have a VERY IMPORTANT tournament there this weekend. Please PM me if anyone has any advice. As im sure there are guys on here that will see this that are fishing the same event. Im from East Central Indiana and ive never fished in Illinois at all. Thanks guys.
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

Where are you launching out of? I used to go to school in Champaign and fished it a few times. Being your first time there, I would recommend tying on a sexy shad (or any shad color) 1.5 size squarebill or bandit 200 and cover a lot of water. Points, rip-rap, channel swings with wood. The very obvious looking stuff. There is a lot of standing timber coves and if you spend too much time in those you may waste a whole day! The dam always holds fish as well, crank and shakey head!

There is a high school tournament there this Sat.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

4. Member
    Gonna be cold this Saturday. Saying wind chills in the mid 20’s. Good luck.
    2005 PT 185 Special Edition
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muiton View Post
    Where are you launching out of? I used to go to school in Champaign and fished it a few times. Being your first time there, I would recommend tying on a sexy shad (or any shad color) 1.5 size squarebill or bandit 200 and cover a lot of water. Points, rip-rap, channel swings with wood. The very obvious looking stuff. There is a lot of standing timber coves and if you spend too much time in those you may waste a whole day! The dam always holds fish as well, crank and shakey head!
    Thank you very much sir. We are launching out of Eagle Creek. I am a Co Angler so ill be at the mercy of where my boater takes me but ill definately try squarebill and shakey.
    Dustin Davis

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BDPIL View Post
    Gonna be cold this Saturday. Saying wind chills in the mid 20’s. Good luck.
    Thank you sir. Yes its gonna be a cold start.
    Dustin Davis

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

7. Member
    Drop the trolling motor at Eagle Creek ramp and never leave that cove.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanSam View Post
    Drop the trolling motor at Eagle Creek ramp and never leave that cove.
    Yep...if they are taking out of Eagle they will probably put it off limits...bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by DustyD26 View Post
    What can anyone tell me about the bass at Shelbyville right now. I have a VERY IMPORTANT tournament there this weekend. Please PM me if anyone has any advice. As im sure there are guys on here that will see this that are fishing the same event. Im from East Central Indiana and ive never fished in Illinois at all. Thanks guys.
    I've fished more tournaments than I could count at Shelbyville over the past 35 or so years and one thing I can promise you is that none of them stand out in my mind as being very important..��

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    I've fished more tournaments than I could count at Shelbyville over the past 35 or so years and one thing I can promise you is that none of them stand out in my mind as being very important..��
    Well this is for the Federation and its National Semi Finals. Thats pretty important to me. But thank you
    Dustin Davis

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

11. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Lake is at summer pool, water temps anywhere from 72-63. Huge balls of shad most everywhere.

Dale Sinclair original

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    Lake is at summer pool, water temps anywhere from 72-63. Huge balls of shad most everywhere.
    Thank you very much. Id say the water temp gonna fall some this weekend.
    Dustin Davis

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

13. Member
    Dustin,
    i hope you do well. 35 years of fishing tournys on shelbyville must mean that PHILLY knows how important this tourny is to YOU. If you hit the water in the cold and wind, be safe and good luck.

14. Member
    If your boater chooses to fish points and/or off-shore in general, a Carolina rig is tough to beat. My choice would be a Baby Brush Hog in green pumpkin with chartreuse tail. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DustyD26 View Post
    Well this is for the Federation and its National Semi Finals. Thats pretty important to me. But thank you
    My apologies Sir. I was just making light of the fact that ole Shelbyville can be a bit stingy and certainly wasn't trying to diminish the importance that it holds for you. On another note, I'd take the info that Bkirch provided and run with it because he has stomped my butt on that lake a bunch of times! The only thing that I would add is a PBJ ballhead finesse jig (5/16 ounce) will be handy if your boater is fish'n riprap. Good luck!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    My apologies Sir. I was just making light of the fact that ole Shelbyville can be a bit stingy and certainly wasn't trying to diminish the importance that it holds for you. On another note, I'd take the info that Bkirch provided and run with it because he has stomped my butt on that lake a bunch of times! The only thing that I would add is a PBJ ballhead finesse jig (5/16 ounce) will be handy if your boater is fish'n riprap. Good luck!
    No offense taken sir. Thabk you very much for the help.
    Dustin Davis

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

17. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Went to yesterday's weigh-in and the fishing was tough. Top 3 places were 10lbs. and change. Tough conditions but I suspect the bite should be a little better today.

Dale Sinclair original

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    Went to yesterday's weigh-in and the fishing was tough. Top 3 places were 10lbs. and change. Tough conditions but I suspect the bite should be a little better today.
    I thought samething but actually did worse day . I was sitting 10th after day one for Co Anglers but blanked day 2 and finished 23rd overall. Id lije to thank everyone that commented. I did my best tough lake and tough conditions.
    Dustin Davis

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9