Help with 2009 210 Elite , Understanging the Gauges, MegaLink, etc...

I need some help understanding the gauges and megalink terminology that I hear about in the late model champions.

I am looking at a 2009 210 elite. I know the accessory panels go out on these sometimes and you cannot find replacements. I also have read the term megalink as well.

Question:
    Can someone give me a quick rundown of what this boat is wired with and how it works in general as far as all the accessories are concerned? Is the touchpad that goes bad connected to a smart controller called the "megalink"? Did all 2009 boats have megalink?

Also on the gauges:
    If the trim gauge dosen't work, does anybody have an idea of what to check for this? Is this a signal straight from the etec 250 or does this megalink thing play a role in interpreting the data for the trim and sending it to the gauge? Do the speedos go bad on these boats very often? This speedo has the trim and water pressure built into it.

Thanks for any help anyone might be able shed for me. Any wiring diagrams or schematics would also be appreciated if you have them.

Thanks

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    MegaLink is the digital switching system that controls the functions of the boat such as power, livewell fill, port & starboard livewell recirculation, pumpout, bilge, nav/anchor lights and horn. There have been a number of failures, but I believe the majority of the boats with the system are still working. Unfortunately, the issue started under Genmar ownership. After Genmar's bankruptcy in June 2009, Platinum Equity acquired their assets and shortly closed Champion. They did rebadge the 3 Elite hulls under the Stratos brand in 2011. Those boats had rocker switches replacing the MegaLink system. PE discontinued the Champion hulls after 2013.

For your trim gauge. Here is a troubleshooting guide for the gauge. If it checks out, then it is a sender or wiring issue. For the sender, post up in the Evinrude/Johnson forum.

https://www.v3instruments.com/wp-con...im-Systems.pdf