Thread: New challenge's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New challenge's

Well....little over three weeks ago I started bumping into things on right side. Fast forward to present and we are waiting for result's on what the heck is growing in my head!!! I have quit driving....then doc told me too...was way ahead of him here!! I can tell ya when this stuff started I had a good excuse for my golf game doing a spiral....now that they did some cutting it has really offered some challenges..and there's more ?:@! to come.
    Really bad part is looking down at the ball and not seeing it very and then...having to adjust as you know where it's supposed to be kinda!!!
    Thankful the wife is still taking me out...still keeping it under a hundred!!!!Am loosing a few more balls....but hey....could be sitting in a chair looking out a window....I'm thankful.
    Tight Lines

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Always want to be Fishing View Post
    Well....little over three weeks ago I started bumping into things on right side. Fast forward to present and we are waiting for result's on what the heck is growing in my head!!! I have quit driving....then doc told me too...was way ahead of him here!! I can tell ya when this stuff started I had a good excuse for my golf game doing a spiral....now that they did some cutting it has really offered some challenges..and there's more ?:@! to come.
    Really bad part is looking down at the ball and not seeing it very and then...having to adjust as you know where it's supposed to be kinda!!!
    Thankful the wife is still taking me out...still keeping it under a hundred!!!!Am loosing a few more balls....but hey....could be sitting in a chair looking out a window....I'm thankful.
    Tight Lines
    Glad you are able to be thankful to be able to get out with the wife and worry about a swing and a golf ball’s direction of flight.
    Sounds like you are getting better already.

3. Member
    Tks....getting in everything I can...when I go under the knife here pretty quick I believe things may slow down....

4. Member
    Adding a chuckle. For the first time in a long time I was able to carry my wife last Friday. We used most of my putt's...absolutely amazing. I think I'm having to concentrate harder as things aren't focusing all that well. Will find out tomorrow if I can play in our small leagues championship Sunday or the Doc has some special plans for the week!! See biopsy results tomorrow. Fingers crossed

5. Member
    Glad you found a bright spot. I will have to try that focus thing.
    good luck with the Doc.
    my wife and I are headed out today. We will hit Hard Rock Hotel golf course. She usually wins enough to cover our green fees plus a little extra.
    it looks like a beauty day.
    Fall temps are the best.

6. Member
    It is a beautiful time of year....beautiful. I have....drum roll.......GLIOBLASTOMA. Not a pretty one....but like I've said for some time now...today's a gift....tomorrows an adventure not to be taken for granted....This should be a dandy one.
    Thank you and hit them straight....

7. Member
    You have the right attitude and that will keep you in the game.
    I hope your doctors are skilled and experienced with a tremendous drive to whip it’s ass!
    I would guess that you will be under that knife rather quickly.
    Hit the course hard this week. Play the holes you like the most. Take an extra walk or visit with a friend-fish a pond with a kid-anything to enjoy each moment.
    i will pray for you and your family for strength in each moment, happiness where you can find it and the love of our Lord.
    Take Care
    Tom Black

8. Member
    Tks......................

9. Member
    Taking my grandson trout fishing in Arkansas today. Fly fishing in special area for under 16 only with lots of whoppers supposedly. I will be a spectator for a couple of days.

10. Member
    Sweet

11. Member
    It was fantastic. He caught 40 the first afternoon with many 18/19 inch browns and rainbows as I watched.
    next day he caught a 21 inch brown about 5 lbs and a 7 lb rainbow. He is hooked on fly fishing
    this place was amazing for kids.

12. Member
    Nice....very nice
    I'm almost having to learn to golf again....hand ... eye...aweful. But wife enjoys taking me still and kicking my butt.

13. Member
    Did a lot of fly fishing out west in early days for trout and steelhead.....a lot..enjoy the gifts and tight lines.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Always want to be Fishing View Post
    Nice....very nice
    I'm almost having to learn to golf again....hand ... eye...aweful. But wife enjoys taking me still and kicking my butt.
    It is nice she enjoys taking you out.
    i told my wife I was going fishing Sunday with the grandson to get the boat out for the first time since June 1 since it has rained for two days.
    She called today to ask if I wanted to play Sunday with another couple who asked us to play.
    I gritted my teeth and said “sure”.
    I know it was the right call for us both. I will find my own day this week and get out with the boat.

last time the wife beat me it cost me a new car.
    She had become extremely frustrated and came home crying one day about quitting the game.
    I told her she needed a goal.
    i told her she would get a trip to Hawaii if she broke 90 and a new car if she beat me.
    That year she shot 90 3 times and was oh so close it was funny.
    Next year early round she shoots 89 and I shoot 90.
    Happy day for her. I was happy to see her so happy!
    it kept her playing golf which is a big part of our active life and social life. We love it.

I would imagine riding in a cart with your wife on a course outdoors in beautiful weather is pretty special for you.
    Outdoors, in nature, with a woman who loves you.
    That has to be special for you and her.
    Enjoy

15. Member
    Sounds like your wife has herself a keeper.....
    Awesome...........

16. Member
    Heading up to Duke today to be ready for Monday...Wife says we may try and play some tomorrow up there...would be awesome...would get the ol mind off thinking so much. Probably won't take computer and phone is to hard to get things done on properly so will check in when get back unless get lucky.
    Hit em straight.....

17. Member
    Gary..... you have a great attitude and I'm prying for you.... Stay strong.

18. Member
    Well my I'm back after getting sixty stiches in back of head.....phew....not going to use spell check as it's all I can do to see and type. Good to be home and will be glad when this head settles so I can see better. Just smiling as I know people are shaking their heads at my typing inperfections. So much to be thankful for.....the sun is shining...but....can't see a golf ball!!

19. Member
    Glad to hear you are back and even hitting the keyboard let alone the right letter or a Golf ball.
    It looks like pretty good typing to me!
    Your head will settle in and get better.
    praise to God and your doctors and nurses.
    Better days are ahead for you.

20. Member
    Prayers for you,get better soon!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast