Thread: New challenge's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Sweeeeet

2. Member
    20 miles in 2 half days and one full day. My feet were barkin. So hit the nail shop and got a pedicure and manicure! Man what a treat for my feet and hands that took a beating. This morning the moon was full and still up in the silk screen clouds that lit up the night before any sunrise. It was unbelievably beautiful. I got my boots and gear on by moonlight. No wonder the deer have gone nocturnal. Beautiful clouds, beautiful day. I need some more of these. I may never kill a deer, but I will never keep trying. It is the effort I enjoy. I will never sit in a box with a rifle to kill a deer. There is no hunt involved and is just not why I go outdoors on adventures.

3. Member
    I'm with you....I like walking...although hunted some small property a few years ago where I brought a book and due to the fact I wasn't making so much noise and movement I did see deer!!!! But they still caught me turning pages....dang they have good vision.
    Good Luck

4. Member
    Small property makes sense. We were hunting a large walk-in area of public hunting.
    Had to walk it all to try and learn best spots to sit. Maybe next year they will pan out.
    Those deer are smart! Try a kindle-no page turnin

5. Member
    Oh.....I did....I'm just not a smart hunter. It's like I have itchy butt....can't sit still. Either have to eat....look around....even sleep.

6. Member
    I hear you. Sitting still is the absolute hardest thing to do in deer hunting and Patience. I am working on both.

7. Member
    Well....Tee times were made for noon and going to golf nine...if strength holds....eighteen. Haven't done 18 yet...maybe will be better in three weeks after chemo and rad are hopefully done. Will see....I know it's football time but that also means less people outside...would have begged someone to take me fishing but wife time is precious.
    Happy New Years all....

8. Member
    Happy new year. Sounds like progress is being made. A smart man keeps their wife happy.

i took a 4 mile hike through wooded swamp lands that were devoid of ducks.
    Amazing that this year is so warm.
    i bet if I made a tee time it would start to snow
    Going on a guided duck hunt tomorrow with Grandson.
    we did a planted quail shoot last Thursday.
    Shot sporting clays Wednesday.
    I am ready to start getting back to swinging clubs.

9. Member
    Oh my....good eats except for the clay one's!!! Ended up doing 18 and slept like a stone. Now it's up and ready for another round of radiation. Golfing was beautiful...didn't keep score so was kinda nice...relaxing. Will be interesting to see what brain does after done with chemo and radiaion....hope score goes down. Two weeks and a little bit left. Will be less exercise .... but that's OK.
    :)

10. Member
    Well....18 kicked my butt......two days later battery's are charged in the body and ready to do something....but need to slow down just a bit....lot of rain last two days so believe golf is out for a few days....could be dirty...

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Always want to be Fishing View Post
    Oh my....good eats except for the clay one's!!! Ended up doing 18 and slept like a stone. Now it's up and ready for another round of radiation. Golfing was beautiful...didn't keep score so was kinda nice...relaxing. Will be interesting to see what brain does after done with chemo and radiaion....hope score goes down. Two weeks and a little bit left. Will be less exercise .... but that's OK.
    :)
    It's good to see you are still able to play golf during your treatments. My golfing buddy starts chemo tomorrow. He had the port installed a few days ago. We just celebrated his 85th birthday. I'm praying for him that the treatment goes well and he is feeling good enough between treatments to play nine. If not i'll just go see him at home to pester him for a bit.

12. Member
    Being outdoors even on the golf cart for a ride might do your buddy some good. AWTBF is setting the perfect example for any other cancer patients. Fishing in snow, golfing whenever possible and keeping those batteries charged.
    getting outdoors away from home and hospital is the best medicine

13. Member
    That's very nice of ya. I've been very fortunate.....For what ever it's worth I take a super vitamin doc recommended along with making smoothies with the Acai powder. Last but not least take some liquid CBD in morning and eve. Not necessary recommending but haven't gotten sick....two weeks left....four weeks down!! Good luck to him....will lift up.

14. Member
    Very Kind

15. Member
    Well, got me some snow on a duck hunt yesterday. Hard north wind, open water, and damn few ducks!
    Fortunately I was dressed warm enough that I was mostly comfortable and actually enjoyed the day. Saw 20+/- and bagged two.
    same pond we saw 200+/- Wednesday and bagged 9.
    That is duck hunting.

16. Member
    Awesome

17. Member
    Remember duck hunting many years ago....mostly on the Oregon coast up by Tillamook. Good times....that ol wind blowing off the ocean....ducks traveling a million miles an hour and having to wade up to the tippy tops of the waders to get ducks or casting to them with a bass plug....good times.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Always want to be Fishing View Post
    Remember duck hunting many years ago....mostly on the Oregon coast up by Tillamook. Good times....that ol wind blowing off the ocean....ducks traveling a million miles an hour and having to wade up to the tippy tops of the waders to get ducks or casting to them with a bass plug....good times.
    I casted for ducks several times. I always thought it would be cool to catch a fish while trying. Never happened. Apparently fish have some brains. Not so sure about duck hunters

19. Member
    Agreed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123